Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off phone call vibrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge HR for awhile and it has suddenly started vibrating when I get a phone call which I do NOT want. This started happening after I updated FitBit on my Mac. I can't find a setting to turn this off on the browser dashboard. I use the Android app on my phone and recently it asked for additional permissions for notifications that I'm not comfortable with, so I didn't enable, which means I can't even view those notification settings to see if turning off phone calls is in there.

I know how to turn off notifications on the Charge HR itself by holding the button down, but I want to continue to have it vibrate for movement reminders, and that would turn off everything.

Any ideas of where this setting is to specifically turn off phone call vibrations? I'm annoyed that it just started up without me selecting it - very intrusive.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rgh101 I hope you're doing well! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here. 

Thanks for your questions regarding how to turn notifications off. 

To turn them off you will need to go to the Fitbit app on your Android device. Tap on the account icon at the top right corner and then tap on your tracker's picture.

Under "General" you will find "Notifications" and you should find the option to turn call notifications off. If it is asking you for permission please allow them to have access to this menu. Toggle off "Calls" and sync your tracker afterwards. This should prevent calls from reaching your tracker. The screen looks like this:

calls.PNG

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@rgh101 I hope you're doing well! I moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here. 

Thanks for your questions regarding how to turn notifications off. 

To turn them off you will need to go to the Fitbit app on your Android device. Tap on the account icon at the top right corner and then tap on your tracker's picture.

Under "General" you will find "Notifications" and you should find the option to turn call notifications off. If it is asking you for permission please allow them to have access to this menu. Toggle off "Calls" and sync your tracker afterwards. This should prevent calls from reaching your tracker. The screen looks like this:

calls.PNG

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! That worked. I had to turn permissions on briefly to do it and then turned them off again.

Best Answer

@rgh101 Thanks for your reply and for trying the steps found on this great Community. I'm very glad to hear that you are now receiving call notifications.

Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users who are experiencing anything similar. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes