Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola Moto G5 (2017) can sync with Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just in case some of you are considering the new Moto G5 (5th gen. 2017): I received mine today and my Charge 2 had no problem syncing with it, although it is not (yet?) listed as a compatible device. Same with my Surge, btw.

For those of you in America, only the bigger Moto G5 Plus will make it there. However, I assume the internals (OS = Android 7.0 + Bluetooth) are the same as far as Fitbit is concerned.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Hey @Dominique!

Thank you so much for the PSA. I'm sure a lot of people will be very glad to hear about this. It is definitely nice to read posts like this from members of the Forums.

Again, thank you very much for letting everyone know! Hope to see you around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just in case anyone is wondering, I bought a Moto G5 plus and i am able to sync it with my charge 2 without any problems. So there it is, the Moto G5 plus is also compatible with the Charge 2.

Best Answer

Thank you for the information!!!!+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @gCaetano! Hello @JanisAnne.

@gCaetano Thanks for coming in and sharing your experience! That will definitely be useful for other users looking into getting this phone.

If you all have the time, perhaps you'd like to visit our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about and discuss in there.

Hope to see you around! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @LanuzaFitbit and @JanisAnne!

Will try and take a few moments to explore those topics, Lanuza.

See you soon!

Best Answer

I was very surprised to see that the Motorola phones listed on the compatibility website are all 2014 and OLDER.

Best Answer

i have a blaze and it will tell me i have a missed call, but won't alert me to say i have a call. i have the motorola g5 plus.. there was a new fitbit app update today. but still no alerts. is there going to be a fix?  It worked fine with the iphone 5s i had.  does fitbit just like apple more?????

Best Answer

Hey @utalice. Welcome to the Forums @azbowhuntn.

@azbowhuntn, As mentioned previously, when a device is not compatible, features like this will not work 100% of the time, or at all, and we cannot guarantee the functionality. Some users might get it to work but it is not the intended. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I recognize the Motorola g5 plus is not on the compatible list, only the old
models are. My question to Fitbit is, are you working to add this to the
approved list? From the community chats, (Bought my Samsung galaxy J7 Sky
pr.My phone is not approved so I don't receive messages on my band) it
appears the apple products, (iPhone and iPad are compatible) but not the
android platforms. Is there a reason for this?
Best Answer

Hello @azbowhuntn

I am not able to fully provide you with any real insight into the process itself, but I think it is fair to say that any kind of software development and optimization is easier on iOS devices given the similarity of the hardware used and them having, basically, the same OS. With Android devices, you have to take lots of different variations into account. The UI being used, the different hardware that comes with every different device, and the Android version since some phones do not run the latest ones.

I think that this is why, generally, iOS devices are much easier to support.

I hope this clarifies a bit of the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It does make sense. The Moto Z is listed as being compatible so now I
would like to know if the Moto G5 is being looked at to be compatible as
well!
Best Answer
what is a bit strange, is every now and then, the charge shows I have an
incoming call. It's as if I have my phone is some screen it will detect a
call. Just would like to know if it's a fitbit issue or if it's a motorola
issue. there ought to be someone who could say yes it's in the works, or
no, we're not fixing this.
*David Otte*
*480.390.0883*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Moto G5 is not on their comparability list. Moto razor is but of course
that is Verizon only phone. I've ATT. I'm still not sure this is being
added eventually.
Best Answer
Were you ever able to review these topics and see if Fitbit is planning on
adding the Moto G5 Plus to the comparability list of operational phones?
Thanks so much Jan Ellington.
Best Answer

I just set up my G5 plus and it syncs just fine.  However, I am not being notified of texts or calls.  Has this been an issue with you?

Best Answer

Yes it is.   Once in a great while, very randomly, I get a call notice.  Motorola won't do anything and neither will Fitbit. It's apparent that Fitbit made the decision to go with the IOS platform. 

Best Answer

I too don't get notifications on my Charge 2.

Not even when using the "Fit notifications" app, which worked flawlessly on my previous phone (Alcatel Idol 3 5.5).

I'm not really bothered by this issue, but it shows that there still exists plenty of room for improvement for Fitbit on this subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it has.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Funny thing. After the last app update, i seem to be getting notifications. I was suprised by the notification of an incoming call when I was sycing my fitbit with my phone. Did it happen to anybody else? I've tried it a few times (with incoming phone calls) and the notifications seem to work now.

Best Answer
0 Votes