Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Versa with WiFi network to update firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used my Versa with my Google Pixel 3 XL since I bought it 2 years ago.  When this new update was required it suddenly would not connect to Wi-Fi, my Google pixel XL via Bluetooth and the the update couldn't install. I've uninstalled the app, deleted the Fitbit versa from the app and tried to add it back into the app as a new device with no success. Suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Astrosgirl, welcome to the Community Forums!

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting, thanks for the details that were shared on your post too. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced such inconvenience? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check the steps that are specified on our help article: Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?.

After you successfully connect your Versa with your WiFi network, I recommend you to learn more about how to update the firmware version of your Fitbit device with the information that's specified on this help article. Then, please move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for trying to assist with this. I have tried restarting the Fitbit, deleting and reinstalling the app on my phone, restarting my phone, deleting the Fitbit from my connected devices in the Fitbit app. Once I deleted the versa as a device in the app, it would no longer allow me to set up the versa as a new device. I did a chat with a Fitbit tech rep and they finely suggested that I replace my Fitbit. I have notice that my Fitbit is also running exactly 5 minutes slow as well. I have purchased a new device and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Just limping this one along for tracking steps until my new device arrived. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Astrosgirl, your update is appreciated. Sorry for the delayed reply.

I'm happy to know that our Customer Support team provided you assistance and processed a replacement to get you back on track. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be around. 

It was a pleasure to help you!

Best Answer
0 Votes