Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up my Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I try to set up my new alta it tells me to update my applications but I have auto updates so everything is up to date. What do I do?!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Reetsandpops, its great to have you here in the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry you are having a hard time setting up your tracker with your account.

If your phone is telling you need to update the Fitbit app, but the auto-updates is On; make sure your phone OS allows you to install the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android, which is 2.45. One of my friends had a Samsung phone with an older OS version and she wasn't able to install the newest updates or sync her tracker, she was able to do this after upgrading the OS of the phone. Although this will depend of the phone's manufacturer support.

Also take a look at the following link also https://www.fitbit.com/devices and review if your mobile phone is listed as a compatible device. Many android devices despite has Bluetooth are not able support the features of the app.

If your phone is not compatible you can also use a computer to pair your tracker.

To set up your tracker on your computer, please do the following: 

1. Make sure that your tracker is on and has a battery charge.
2. Go to https://www.fitbit.com/setup and download the Fitbit Connect software. 
3. When the software has downloaded, open it up and follow the onscreen instructions. 
4. Plug the wireless sync dongle into a USB outlet on your computer and bring your tracker within a few inches of the dongle. 
5. Once the software is running, and you've signed up for or logged into your Fitbit account, it will search for your tracker. 
6. When your tracker has been found, a 4 digit code will appear on its display, and the Fitbit Connect software will prompt you to enter that number. 
7. After entering the number, your tracker will connect with Fitbit.com. Connecting to your tracker will take up to 30 seconds. 
8. Once your tracker is linked to Fitbit.com, you can log into your dashboard to see all of your synced data. 

Keep in mind you can also sync and review your stat with your online-Dashboard. When having Windows 10 it's possible to download the Fitbit App for Windows 10 from the Microsoft store which is capable to use Bluetooth of the computer (when the computer has native Bluetooth) or the Fitbit dongle.

Hope this helps. Don't forget to let me know how it goes!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thankyou very much for your help.  I have managed to set up on my sons kindle! Very pleased

Sent from Samsung Mobile
Best Answer