Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup Samsung S8+ and Alta HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I have from my wife a Fitbit Alta HR. I have also a Samsung S8+. Of course as in all other threads, the phone finds the Alta, but in the app it never connects. Thus I cannot go past the setup of the device step. One thing I noticed is that the firmware on the device is 21.40.02. Is that something that might be causing issues?

Steps I have taken so far:

1. disabled and enabled bluetooth on the phone

2. reset the device about 2000000000 times doing the 3 press button procedure

3. unpaired all my devices and only tried with the Alta (that was fun reconnecting them all back)

I am at a miss here. Should I go and look for an older phone or something?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @dorinilut, it's great to give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response and I was reading your Alta HR was not connecting to your phone in order to finish the setup process.

How it goes so far? You did good in trying the steps you have mentioned to address this issue. About the firmware version this is the latest but for the Alta tracker. So I'm assuming this is the tracker you have.

As a matter of review I would like to share the following help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? You will find some additional suggestions, from what you have tried already.

See you later and hope you are already back on track.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @dorinilut, it's great to give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response and I was reading your Alta HR was not connecting to your phone in order to finish the setup process.

How it goes so far? You did good in trying the steps you have mentioned to address this issue. About the firmware version this is the latest but for the Alta tracker. So I'm assuming this is the tracker you have.

As a matter of review I would like to share the following help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? You will find some additional suggestions, from what you have tried already.

See you later and hope you are already back on track.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed. Stupid user error. Thank you for the reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes