Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup Versa 2 - No internet connection error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app keeps saying that there is no internet connection. Since it says there is no internet connection, my Versa 2 would not sync. I followed all of the tips, but to nothing changed. I deleted the Versa 2 from the app and now I cannot add my device back to the account.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Fanisha, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for troubleshooting this issue before posting. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using with your Versa 2? When was the first time you experienced this connection issue and how many times since then? To troubleshoot the Fitbit app, please follow the next steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Then, for the setup issues, I recommend you to check all the information that's specified on: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your device. Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Please make sure that your mobile device is compatible because due to a compatibility concern you can experience connection difficulties. 

I'll be around if you need anything else, please keep me posted.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Fanisha, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for troubleshooting this issue before posting. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using with your Versa 2? When was the first time you experienced this connection issue and how many times since then? To troubleshoot the Fitbit app, please follow the next steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Then, for the setup issues, I recommend you to check all the information that's specified on: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your device. Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Please make sure that your mobile device is compatible because due to a compatibility concern you can experience connection difficulties. 

I'll be around if you need anything else, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem. My new versa 2 lite was a warranty replacement and I cannot get it to do a

aNYTHING! It keeps displaying download app. MJames. Very disgusted with service.

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. I only realized I  had missed a weeks worth of steps being synced about 3 week's ago. I paid all this money for this fitbit and now the App is making it impossible to use. I've done all of the trouble shooting- contacted you guys on Twitter 2 weeks ago. I am extremely frustrated that people keep posting the same trouble shooting advice like we can't see it when we google it. We need a real solution to this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been the most difficult setup/installation process I have ever been through. And no way to actually contact Fitbit for help. I think this will be going back to where I bought it and I'll just get an iWatch.

Best Answer