Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Versa with Samsung S9 and S10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dispite following the procedure to uninstall reinstalling several times over a 2 week period. He still can't get it to connect with bluetooth I have tried it on my app and it just won't connect at all . Is there anything else you can think of to get it to work .It was working fine up to last week. His phone is a Samsung 9 mine is a Samsung 10 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community Forums @Amanda.945.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting too. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Community Forums @Amanda.945.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting too. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a known issue with syncing with the android phone. There is no ETA on the fix and I've been that right now all you can do is keep your phone and fitbit app up to date so that when they finally resolve it will flow through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply
Best Answer
0 Votes

Such an annoying problem.  Glad I bought a backup watch (Samsung) months ago in order to have a working watch when the syncing issue pops back up.  This is my second go around since I got my Versa in 2018.

The Versa2 looks great, but there is no way I would spend my money on a brand that I have had so many issues with.

Best Answer

Why does Fitbit not have support for the latest Andriod phones? Terrible

Best Answer

I can not sync and update anymore since dec 16th and I have an iPhone 6s

Best Answer

I've uninstalled and reinstalled my Fitbit app twice. I've force-stopped the app and restarted both my Samsung 9 and my Fitbit twice. The app still can't find the device. Could you PLEASE, PLEASE fix the app so I can sync my Fitbit Versa? This not syncing is driving me nuts. I'm seriously considering moving to a different brand of fitness tracker the next time I need one.

Best Answer

My versa lite will not keep time and will not sync to phone. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, added as a new devise, as soon as I go twenty feet from my phone - it stops working again. I have wasted hours ( lucky I am trapped at home). This is beyond frustrating. I have a Galaxy S9. Is there a solution?

Best Answer
Not that I am aware of we ended up getting a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you buy a new one, or did they replace under warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes
We bought a brand new one it was out of warranty by about 2 months
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi charge 4 is not syncing with Samsung s10 or any iPhone after the July update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung 10 phone, my Fitbit is a Versa.  I have tried:

loading and reloading  apt, phone on and off

disconnecting blue tooth, turning phone on and off

loading a versa lite apt

results are always same, phone pairs as versa lite,  apt does not connect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took over a month of back and forth with Versa to get them to replace minbe, when it would not sink. If you just got it return it and get something else. If not keep pushing with customer service/help till they replace it. Good luck.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hi,

Your phone is too new for FB to have tested compatibility issues. I've tried all of the suggested 'syncing fixes' and none of them work!

I am having exactly the same problem with my Charge 3 not Bluetooth syncing to either my Samsung A10e or my computer. I can only get info by plugging the FB into the laptop using the USB charging lead.

It's useless! 

I will copy and paste an update I have placed in the 'non-syncing Charge 3' page as I feel it is relevant pertaining to the new Samsungs, useless chat help staff and voiding of warranty due to FB's failure to test the devices and apps on new handsets. 

Grr!!

"

After 3 live chats on Monday, one of which promised supervisor contact within 48hours, 3 tweets on twitter land, a plethora of direct messages and now an email, the staff clearly do not read previous content on your FB account. 

I have once again been shown to the 'syncing fixes' page, even though I have proved that the Bluetooth functionality of my Charge 3 is faulty. 

They are still pushing the 'latest version of OS', even though, as rightly pointed out here only (for Android users) Android 7 actually requested. 

I have no further answer about the 'compatibility' of my new mobile device, no one seems to grasp the stupidness of requiring your customers to have new devices that can indeed run the latest OS, but then FB have not tested those devices and therefore without a FB agreed compatible device, the warranty cannot be activated. 

I am still being told to test my Fitbit on another compatible device (we have none in this house - should I buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 which is classed as compatible, but then can't run OS A7 or A10?!!) even though the bluetooth still does not connect to my computer.

I wish customer service teams would not just read from rote sheets and actually have some technical understanding of the product they are trying to 'fix'. 

As noted previously, I am running FB 28.20 - no one has clarified if this is older or newer than 1.88.11? I can't find out when 28.20 was uploaded to my FB and my phone device and if this has caused me the issues I've experienced since July 3rd. *It's not the A10 update as that happened on June 1st and the first live chat aid got quite shirty when I said I was certain I was running A7, as I wasn't aware of the OS update. It was him that said without being to run the latest OS, he could not confirm the compatibility of my mobile device.

It's useless!

I'm back reexplaining myself to someone on email now, who certainly isn't a supervisor, and only through to me because of my twitter whinge!"

Best Answer