Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync my Zip with my Android tablet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been unable to sync my fitbit Zip to my Android tablet for the last two days. It had been working fine up until then.   It is not finding my tracker.  I have my Bluetooth on, have tried to uninstall and re-install Fitbit app, as well as taking the battery out of the zip, waiting a few minutes, then re-installing battery.

Nor I am able to update.  Any advice would be appreciated. Thx.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @walkwalk88! I saw you have tried a few things to address the syncing issues with your Fitbit Zip.

Perhaps the following post will provide you some additional help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

See you around and hope this get you back on track.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your suggestions,but it is still not syncing.  It says "tracker not found".  I have tried everything..all the tips on this community board as well as elsewhere...the Zip is only 2 years old.....don't know what else to do.   Really frustrating! 

Best Answer

I am having a similar issue. My Galaxy S8 trys to pair with the zip in order to sync but I get a message the zip won't accept the pairing. I've tried all the suggestions for syncing. Installing and reinstalling the app, putting in a new battery etc. I've had my zip for a few years and it has worked great so I don't understand what has happened. My phone pairs fine with my Bluetooth speaker so I know it isn't the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @walkwalk88 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @MJoM. My apologies for the delay in responding your concerns. Thank you for keeping me posted that the issue is persisting.

If the issue continues, there is a new version for the Fitbit app in android that I recommend to review if is installed already in your phones. For more details please review this post.

Aside from the version of the app, try to do the following. Whenever I have troubles to sync with my Galaxy S8, I do these steps: log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you until the next occasion. Keep me posted if the issue persists.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.

I've spoken with the tech guy at Fitbit, and we couldn't resolve the
problem, unfortunately.

So they gave me a bit of a discount for a replacement.

S.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @walkwalk88, my apologies for the late response. I'm happy to hear you were assisted by our Customer support team and you come to a resolution with them.

If you have other questions, just keep me posted and keep participating in the Fitbit Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes