Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Tracking Software

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I initially had difficulty with the new dashboard and it's slow updating after a sync.  It's still slow, but I'm more used to it now.  My newest joy started yesterday when a sync would flash a message to Update Tracking Software and no update to step counts, etc. Using the Old Dashboard, I get the same message.  Google Play, however, does not show any updates available; someone appears to have pulled a trigger on an internal update that's now out of sync with the device versions.

Two thoughts on this:

1) If messages disappear as soon as the sync finishes, they are pretty much useless. If there is any kind of error message, I really should be able to see it on the new Dashboard.

2) remove the check for the device instance or release the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Smigz wrote:

I should mention my version says 24.24.23.4.

That number is the version number of your Fitbit tracker, @Smigz, not the Android App. The Androiod App should be Version 2.38.

Apparently, you need to update the firmware on your tracker. Follow the link to update the tracker firmware.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I am also getting a message to update tracking software during a sync. This just began today. When I go to Google Play to update the Fitbit app, there is no option for update available.  Can someone tell me please what I should do?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Smigz wrote:

That number is the version number of your Fitbit tracker, @Smigz, not the Android App. The Androiod App should be Version 2.38.

Apparently, you need to update the firmware on your tracker. Follow the link to update the tracker firmware.

Best Answer

HI there @Geoffreys and @Smigz. As @USAF-Larry mentioned before, right now there is no update for the Android App if you have installed the latest version which is 2.38. If you are receiving this message most likely the tracker needs a firmware update.

So you just need to:

1. Tap the pink arrow next to the tracker name at the top of the screen. If you don't see an arrow, no update is available.
  2. Follow the prompts onscreen and keep the tracker close to the mobile device during the update. If the update is slow, don't remove your tracker from your account as a troubleshooting measure.

Let me know if the issue persist so we can find a solution.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank you, USAF-Larry!  I'm now updated and everything looks great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, RobertoFitbit!  Your instructions were very clear and I am now updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Smigz, you are welcome! It was @USAF-Larry's recommendation to update the app so he deserves the credit on this. But the most important is you were able to installed the update and you are back on track. Robot wink

Hope to see you around again and happy holidays!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why if no arrow. ...I cannot get it to sync to fitbit to track steps but it monitors sleep 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome, it nice to see you joined to our Fitbit Community @TJD1. I would like to know more details of the issue you are experiencing. I wonder if your tracker is not syncing only steps or the issue is in general with other stats? What type of exercise you are doing?

There are exercises that involved steps but your tracker will have a hard time to read this steps due to the nature of the exercise itself.

In the meantime I can recommend this post for general syncing issue: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

I'll be around, keep me posted how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried several times to update...

I have the charge 2 next to my phone

Bluetooth is enabled

My internet connection is active

The battery is charged

I always get the same message: Bluetooth issues

I press the restart bluetooth & try again... & it still doesn't work!

This has been happening since Tuesday 4/11/2017

Pls advise! Thanx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I found the fix. I manually went to my bluetooth and disconnected, then reconnected, my Charge 2. Software update is now kicking into action... before I was always getting a failure message... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @andrmendez, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community. I saw you were experiencing issues at the moment to sync. Although I'm glad to know all is good now and your tracker is syncing.

Thank you for sharing with us how you were able to resolved this issue. I'm sure other users will find helpful this information.

See you around and stay tune to our Fitbit Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes