Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘Upgrading Database’ screen on app version 3.15

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone!

We are aware that with the release of Android 3.15 some users could be seeing a “upgrading database” screen. At this time we recommend force closing the Fitbit app and reopening to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If force closing the app does not resolve the issues, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app. This will log you out and you will need to enter your password to log back in.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 3/10/20

Hi everyone!

We've resolved this issue with the newest Fitbit app for Android update - version 3.16. If you haven't yet, please make sure that you are on the latest version of the app. Check this article out if you need instructions. 

Thanks for hopping into the Community forums to report this issue. As always we appreciate you all posting to let us know what is going on with app releases. 

This thread is now closed. Please open a new topic if you need to report this again in the future. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

The Fitbit app was stuck forever on a screen that said 'Updating Database'.

Typical answers here are to delete the app and reinstall it.

Just simply clear the Fitbit app cache and stop the app.  Run the app again and all is normal.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Hi @ErnieHorning, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums!

Thanks for your post and the details that were shared, I'm really happy to know that after clearing the Fitbit app cache and closing the app your issue was resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here ready to help you out. 

Because your issue was resolved and just if you're interested, I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate over there. There are several users that share helpful information and tips about eating well, how to manage your weight, better sleep, a mindful lifestyle and some inspiring stories too!  

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you force close the fitbit app on your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took a bit of fiddling  on Android but got there in the end. Thanks for posting 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @maboltz and @Golfhead. Welcome to the Community forums.

@Golfhead, thanks for stopping by to help our friend @maboltz. You're incredible and I'm sure others will find your post very helpful. If you continue having this issue, don't hesitate to let me know so we can work on this together.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another option would be to power cycle your phone as I couldn't get off the 'upgrading database' screen.  That worked for me and the next time I opened the app all was fine.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. It's great to see you participating in this thread and I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for taking the time to share the steps that worked for you. Your post is very helpful and I'm sure others will think the same. 😊

I appreciate your help and see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, better watch about uninstalling and reinstalling, last weekend I tried everything to get my watch to syncing again, I was so desperate that I removed my ionic from my account, went back in, started to add it again, after several attempts, to know avail, did the uninstall and reinstall, then it took almost 24 hours to finally get it going again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 3/10/20

Hi everyone!

We've resolved this issue with the newest Fitbit app for Android update - version 3.16. If you haven't yet, please make sure that you are on the latest version of the app. Check this article out if you need instructions. 

Thanks for hopping into the Community forums to report this issue. As always we appreciate you all posting to let us know what is going on with app releases. 

This thread is now closed. Please open a new topic if you need to report this again in the future. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes