Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 failed sync and connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings, all

I seem to have come across a very weird source of failed Bluetooth syncing and/or pairing that I hadn't really expected, and I couldn't find anywhere in the forum where people are mentioning this particular issue.  Recently, I took delivery of a Tesla EV that I'd ordered, and as many may know, Tesla has the option of using your phone as a key via Bluetooth.  The interesting thing is that from the very moment I set this up, my Fitbit device (Versa 2) no longer synced with the app.  I also tried removing my device, and re-pairing, and that also did not work.  Same thing with uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

At one point, I presumed that maybe the Tesla app, which holds the Bluetooth connection pretty constantly might have been tying it up, so I removed my phone as one of the keys to my car (without uninstalling the Tesla app), and sure enough I was able to re-pair the Fitbit device to my phone.  But when re-adding my phone-as-key, I could no longer sync once again.  And retrying the remove-and-repair also failed while my phone was still serving as a car key (even if I walked far enough away that I was not actively connected to my car).  For the time being, I've managed to make do by pairing my device to my work phone (which isn't entirely desirable since it's technically employer property), and that does work, but it's not something that seems within the realm of the ordinary that this should be the case.  Bluetooth uses a 3-bit mac address AFAIK, so I shouldn't have a problem unless I want to pair more than 7 BT devices to my phone (which is not the case in spite of the fact that the car is actually 2 BT devices).  I don't know if it's the phone (personal phone is a Galaxy S7, work phone is a Pixel 4) or the device (Versa 2) or the use of the Tesla app to be honest.  There is merely a correlation in my case, and that is not enough to establish a causal link, but I figured I'd at least throw this out there if there is anyone else seeing anything similar or related.

- Parashar K.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0