Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Device not Found" Error Message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just yesterday my phone stopped syncing with the Fitbit.  I tried logging out if my account and logging back in.  I can see the steps taken on my device (Alta) but not on my phone.  It is a new replacement phone.  I downloaded the Fitbit app and everything worked for a day.  Now I get the message 'no device found'.    ??????

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
111 REPLIES 111

Welcome to the Forums @Gleannah.

Thanks for bringing this up and letting us know that message you get. Let me help you get the Fitbit syncing to that replacement phone.

The very first thing that I'd like to ask is if you still have access to the previous phone and if it can be used. If so, please try the following:

1. Go into the old phone's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for all of the Fitbit devices that might show up as paired.
  3. Remove all of them from the list of paired devices.
  4. Run the setup on your replacement phone.

That should help so that it starts working.

If you do not have access to the previous phone then please answer these questions:

• Is this happening while running the setup? If so try going through the steps in this help article.
  • What phone are you using to try to sync?

I look forward to your reply. Please keep me posted on how it goes.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to restart my phone everyday.  I spent hours chatting with someone from support and nothing helped.  Deleted the app and reloaded it.  Updated the band.  Bluetooth restarted, phone restart.  Still have to restart the phone everyday.  All day sync is on notifications on.  Everything g is on.  All started for me and it seems others in the spring with the update.  Updated the app again in August and now it's even worse.  I'm told a rollback isnt available.  That is a BIG problem.  This phone, band, app combination worked fine for a year. 

Best Answer

I am also getting this error after installing the upgrade. I even deleted the app and reinstalled. I went from August 19th to Aug 28th not being able to sync. Restarted my phone multiple times. For some reason it miraculously synced on the 28th ONE TIME and will not sync again. I love my fit bit (flex2) because I can swim in it, but I am seriously considering going back to the misfit. 

Not being able to sync makes my fit bit absolutely useless.

Best Answer

I'm still having the problems.  No solution? 

As a long time user I believe that it should become MORE USER FRIENDLY not less.  

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. I literally have to delete device and start over every day since the August update. I never should accepted the new platform, nothing but problems. When can we expect a fix!

Best Answer

It's weird how they do things.  Just a few days ago, I noticed some changes to the app.  They now give your sleep a score.  I never updated to see that, but I also see that there is an update available.  They are now even offering some paid options.  That explains why they havent fixed our current problem because they can now make more money which is more important to them.  It also explains why I wont be using the paid portions because I know what thier customer service is now like!  By the way, I havent had to restart my phone in 2 whole days now.  Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Best Answer

I am having trouble every day since their last upgrade. Everything used to work fine with my Versa. Now the app won't recognize my device. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Well it made it 2 days without requiring a restart.  That's the best in a while.  So sad

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  My app constantly says "Device Not Found". I have to continually restart my Ionic and my phone to get it to sync. This is absurd. Why even pay for something when we continually have problems with it.

Best Answer

We have all done this over and over and over again.  Please tell your tech team to get this fixed!

Best Answer

I had the same problem with my Flex. After about a month of resetting my pebble daily, it stared working again!

But before having to do that, if you have it connected to an Android phone, try this...

Go to Apps, Settings, under Wireless and Networks, select More, and make sure the Nearby Device Scanning is on (mine somehow got turned off!). Now it works fine.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

I dont have that menu hierarchy.   

Best Answer
I just checked... Mine is on but I turned it off for a few minutes and
turned it back on. We shall see.... Thank you for the tip!

Sara
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also do not have that option

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is clear that since the last software update these issues started. Lots have tried all your suggestions but please just send out a firmware fix. 

Best Answer
Spoiler

when i logged in this morning to check I was offered a survey, so I took it.  went through all the questions and at the end it told me: "Your survey answers were not submitted because you have already responded."

customer service is really going down hill.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too, am receiving the device not found.  I unpaired my Versa in BT, now my phone cannot even find it to re-pair.

I have uninstalled the app, but phone still cant find the Versa.

Now my Versa is losing time.  It seems that syncing kept the time correct,  but now, it cannot keep time.  So it's even ineffective as a watch.

Whatever you did, please un-do.  I spent a lot of money on this a few months ago,  and now its worthless. 

Best Answer

Same here, its not keeping the correct time, no point in wearing it. 

Best Answer

I too, am having the same issues as everyone else in this forum. Same error message Device not found... However I now cannot do anything with my versa fitbit. It is just a black screen... cannot turn it on or off to reset. Done all the troubleshooting. Next step is to contact customer support however with all the negative feedback, I am not sure if there will be a positive outcome.  And YES... my issues started 2 days ago - prior to that, my versa has been working perfectly. I NEED MY FITBIT for health reasons and this is so frustrating. What other options are there, if any, please?

Best Answer