Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run fitbit in background - s7 edge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, i don't know if my app is running in background or not.. how can i realize if it does or not? And in this last case how can i set up fitbit to run in background? Samsung S7 Edge and android 8. Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @hEEk this is explained in the Android guide.

In settings check the allow Fitbit to run in background 

Disable power management.

Make sure the app is not on the foreground when the screen of the phone turns off.

I also moved your android question out of hardware support and into android support  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @hEEk this is explained in the Android guide.

In settings check the allow Fitbit to run in background 

Disable power management.

Make sure the app is not on the foreground when the screen of the phone turns off.

I also moved your android question out of hardware support and into android support  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  thank you, seems to have read that with android 8 oreo, to keep an app in background i have to choose "not optimized" for the app in battery section. I did it, now i don't know how to check which apps i have now running in background and, moreover, i can't receive no more whatsapp notifications on my Charge 2.. When i set up the app and the tracker for the 1st time (also upgrading the firmware) all worked good, now notifications has gone away... very very strange

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that the charge is below 50% i am trying to recharge the tracker with the cable, hoping to restore all functionalities, included notifications, once it will be 100% charged

Best Answer
0 Votes