Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 will not pair with device.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have had my Versa 2 since 2020. It recently ran out of battery and when I charged it, the time on it was wrong and it would no longer sync with the fitbit app. I have tried restarting my phone, logging out, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarting the tracker, and factory restarting the tracker. My Bluetooth is on, but when attempting to pair through the app, it does not detect the tracker. I really don't know what other options I could try but any other advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Middriff 

It sounds like your Versa 2 somehow got unpaired. I see you have tried multiple troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem. All great troubleshooting steps by the way. 😉

I’d try setting up your Versa 2 as a new device. You will not lose any of your Fitbit data as it is held on the Fitbit Servers. You will however lose any data you might have collected “after” you last successful sync. 

Here is how you set up your Versa 2 again as a new device. Please follow these instructions carefully: 

1. Remove the Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings on your phone. Since your on android tap unpair. If your Versa 2 is not showing on your Bluetooth at all proceed to step 2 (Basically make sure your Versa 2 is not showing at all) 
  2. Turn off other nearby Bluetooth connections. 
  3. Check if your Fitbit App is updated
  4. Log out of your Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  5. Restart your Versa 2: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm
  6. Log back into your Fitbit app as you normally would with your email address and password, tap your profile picture then scroll down and tap Set Up a Device.
  7. Select the Versa 2 in the list of trackers and follow the onscreen instructions. When asked if you want to replace the Versa 2 say yes.

😃 Hopefully that gets you up and running again. Please come back and let me know how if this helps and gives you an answer to your current issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, thank you very much for replying! I had actually already tried this advice before writing the post, but I went ahead and tried it again anyway. When I try to pair it as a new device, it just cannot find it, which is the same as the initial problem, I think. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Middriff 

Is your Android phone at least an Android 8 or higher? This is a requirement for compatibility. https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

Also, the set up as a new device instructions ask you to see if your Fitbit App is up to date….but, check to in ensure your phone has the latest update as well. Sometimes that can cause issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you again for replying @SunsetRunner . My app is up to date, as well as my phone's software. My phone is android version 12. It's the same phone the fitbit has been connected to and working fine on since February.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gosh @Middriff if everything is updated and you followed the “set up new device” instructions carefully it should have connected. 

I’d give it one more try. Make sure your Versa 2 is charged and in its charger when your ready. Maybe third times a charm although that’s not how the usual phase goes. Make sure when you go through the set up that you don’t skip a step.

If your still having issues I’d contact Fitbit Customer Service: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see, I will contact customer service. I appreciate your help very much, @SunsetRunner!

Best Answer

😉 I do hope Fitbit Customer Service is able to sort this out for your quickly @Middriff 

Best Answer
0 Votes