Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa connected GPS accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My connected gps on versa is having huge margin error on my run, i.e. a regular 10+km run is recorded with only 7+km.
When i activate the mobile track on my phone ( LG V30) to record my run, with my gps and Bluetooth on, the mobile track records abt 10+km also, as compared to my watch with connected GPS which only recorded 7+km!

I'm currently just using mobile track to track my runs, however the down side is that my heartrate is not captured with mobile track.

Tried to reinstall the fitapp app, and redo the connection to my phone, but still same.
Already updated my Versa to the latest firmware, still same.

Can anyone help advise...thanks so much

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello , welcome to the Community Forums! It's a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this inconvenience and how many times since then? Are you using another Bluetooth device while running? If you haven't already done so, please restart your Versa and then check the information that's specified on our help article: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to your reply, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, i have encountered this since 2 months ago, after my old phone lg g6 died on me, ever since i got this new lg v30+ the connected gps is always not given the correct information, from the data...it is always about 60% of actual distance clocked.

I have also tried to connect to my older lg g5 phone, however it is also having the same issue as the lg v30+.

On my workout I'm not using other bluetooth device.

I have already tried to shutdown using the setting option on watch, also tried factory reset the fitbit versa but to no avail.

Is there any other option i can try out? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes