Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete in-app notifications?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there

i am getting alot of messages and was wondering how to delete them. They are from friends, and friend request. and i cant figure out how to delete them.

Can someone please help!!!

Oh, i have a Charge 3

Shelly

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community Forums @Pandabare57

When it comes to the in-app notifications, these will delete themselves every 30 days, so the oldest ones if they're more than 30 days old, they will start disappearing.

If this isn't happening, you can log out of the app and log back in and see if that works. There is currently no way to manually delete them.

I understand your concern about not being able to remove these Notifications but at this moment, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

I've moved your post to the Android App as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Community Forums @Pandabare57

When it comes to the in-app notifications, these will delete themselves every 30 days, so the oldest ones if they're more than 30 days old, they will start disappearing.

If this isn't happening, you can log out of the app and log back in and see if that works. There is currently no way to manually delete them.

I understand your concern about not being able to remove these Notifications but at this moment, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

I've moved your post to the Android App as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications in my android fitbit application does not delete notifications that are older than 30 days. I have notifications that go back over 2 years. I have deleted the application and reloaded it and they are still there. How do I get rid of these old notifications?

Best Answer

You just did an update to the Fitbit Android application and there still is no way to delete notifications???

WHY?

Also, I have notifications back to Aug 2017.

WHY?

Best Answer

I did all that you suggested and the notifications still did not delete those over 30 days old.

Best Answer

Is there a folder on my Android phone with the notifications?  If so, can we get the filename and path? My phone is getting overrun with these messages dating back months.

Best Answer

I have the same problem as everyone else. Notifications and messages don't delete after 30 days.  

Best Answer

Is there an update on this issue as this is very frustrating to see messages that date back over a year??

Best Answer

Hi Marre,  

Login out and back in was a waste of time. I have even replaced my phone. When I logged in with the new phone I see notifications from Summer 2017 (over 2 years old). Sorry to be so disenchanted with Fitbit. The Zip my husband gave me for Christmas (at about 8 months old) stopped syncing reliably. It seems to be syncing at random and not picking up previous days that didn't sync properly. So disappointed.

Best Answer

This does not work/happen! My notifications do NOT delete after 30 days

Best Answer

You are wasting your time asking questions here. Nobody on Fitbit has the slightest interest in solving this issue. 

Best Answer

My messages are still there after 6 months. I have logged off, restarted phone and nothing

Best Answer

Same here!! 😖

Best Answer

Notifications from 2017 to 2018 still persist. Recent friend requests have come and gone. Point this out and the response is silence. 

I keep getting this image of a room full of people with their fingers in their ears going "la,la,la, can't hear you".

Best Answer