Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not syncing to Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything to get my Fitbit to sync and nothing is working. Have had this problem for some time now and it's just getting worse.  When do you think this problem will be resolved? Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It sounds like everything hasn't been tried @sunnyb8581 

• Is your phone on the compatible list, or has their been positive things mentioned about your phone model?
  • Please remember that saying that everything tried tells us nothing about what has been tried.
  • Have you restarted the phone?
  • Shutdown the phone?
  • Restarted the tracker
  • Some trackers can be shutdown and should be tried. 
  • Log out/in on the fitbit app
  • Turned off/on bluetooth 
  • Removed the tracker from the phones bluetooth?
  • Swipe Fitbit out off memory, then through the phone's setting stop the fitbit app and then clear the fitbit cache?. Restart phone before trying to sync.
  • I've also once had to clear the fitbit data.

Some people say to remove the tracker from their Fitbit account or do a factory reset, neither will not help a sync issue and might add more problems. 

Try syncing after each step then next time that their is a sync issue, try the step that worked above first 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all those things and even spoke to someone at Fitbit to help troubleshoot the issue. They couldn't figure it out either. This issue has been going on for a while and only getting worse. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @sunnyb8581, thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums. Regarding the syncing issues that your Fitbit Alta has experienced, I appreciate the time spent trying the troubleshooting steps that my friend @Rich_Laue shared.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via chat. I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Alta is no longer under warranty. The warranty period is good for 365 days, starting from the date of the first setup.

I totally understand how you feel about this and we appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I have an Honor 8x and I bought fitbit versa 2 last week. I have been struggling with notifications and now I feel I made a mistake buying this. Have restarted the phone several times but hasn't helped. Should I do a factory reset? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sreeikanth, thank you for joining us in this thread. I'm sorry about the notifications issue that your Versa 2 has experienced. I totally understand how you feel about this. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

Before performing a factory reset, please try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article may contain steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

Let me know how it goes.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know what @JuanJoFitbit, I am literally fed up of my Fitbit, I am on the lookout for an exchange plan of how I can get rid of this thing. You know why? I actually clear my cache and delete the data twice a day. My watch is only a digital watch at that time and is not a smartwatch at all. It's a painful process to do it time and again. I will complete 3 months come 29th August and to be honest, I am extremely disappointed with a brand like Fitbit. I wrote on Twitter as well but I didn't get a reply. 

I don't know about you but I get frustrated to do this after spending £160 on my watch. 

Best Answer