Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not syncing to android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

After googling solutions or suggestions for weeks on how to sync my Fitbit to my android phone I am now at the last chance saloon before I fully give up and perhaps move from Fitbit all together and go to another smart watch company so I'm hoping someone can help me as I have thoroughly enjoyed my Fitbit experience up until recently.

Recently my Versa Fitbit stopped syncing with my phone and despite searching for solutions these either didn't work or worked for a week and then went back to square one. I am a very active person and relied on my Fitbit for my data. I have had various fitbits for a number of years and to say I'm disappointed now is an understatement. For a device which is so easy to use it has become a nightmare to try and fix and I would like someone to perhaps give me the solutions I have been looking for for months!!

If someone could please reply to my message and try and help I would be very grateful.

Waiting in Anticipation 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I can't seem to sync my Versa 2 with my Android at all. I'm tired of trying. I guess I'll be returning it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Versa for almost a year and only occasionally had problems with sync. However, it now happens almost daily - it will usually sync at some time of the day but absolutely impossible to at other times. So frustrating. I have tried deleting and reloading the app, turning bluetooth off and on again, restarting both the Versa and phone, but nothing works. Using Samsung Galaxy A40.

Best Answer

@ChristinaMacD could you include the phone model? Have you checked the list?

You mention square one, not sure what that is?

Is the tracker still connected to your Fitbit account? Removing from account will add more problems. 

My question are you trying to setup the tracker or simply a sync issue?

Have you all looked at Fitbit help.link to help may also be found below. 

Have you tried stopping the app through the phones settings, and while their, clear the cache?

Best Answer

I am having the same problems really fed up with it to be honest. There is obviously a problem and it needs resolving soon otherwise this one is going back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem could be malfunctioning of phone hardware or the Fitbit app may have malfunction.

Sometime a complete power down of the phone or tracker is needed 

• Swipe fitbit out of memory
  • Go to the phones settings/apps/fitbit/stop app
  • While on settings/../fitbit go to Storage/clear cache
  • While in settings/../fitbit go to battery and turn of power management for Fitbit 
  • Removed the tracker from the phones bluetooth.
  • Restart phone
  • Restart tracker
  • Checked the help doc.

Which ever step worked,  try this step first next time,

Best Answer

Hi @ChristinaMacD @Riselark @Elidav, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa watches have stopped syncing with your phones properly. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved after trying the troubleshooting steps that shared my friend @Rich_Laue, which are listed in this help article.

In case the issue persists, try a factory reset. To do so on your devices, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset or Clear User Data. After this, try the steps again and see if your devices sync properly.

Looking forward to your responses.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes