Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa will not sync with my Galaxy s8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have followed all steps. Uninstalled the app. Force restarted my versa. Removed the pairing of my versa with my app. And now I cant get them to pair at all. I have started and stopped by bluetooth. Removed every other pairing. I cannot get them to pair

Please help!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Welcome to the Forums @Clearleigh.

Thanks for sharing all of the steps that you have tried to get the Versa to set up. 

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try the following the steps:

1. Go into the Bluetooth settings of your S8.
  2. There, look for the Versa and any other Fitbit devices.
  3. Remove the Fitbits from the list of paired devices.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Run the Set Up Process once again as if you were setting up a replacement.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a galaxy S8. My phone and Versa was syncing, now it has stopped. I tried everything. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app with the latest version, restarted my phone, turned off my versa and turned it back on... you name it I have tried it. Nothing works. Super frustrated. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Carolelc.

Thanks for sharing the situation and all of the steps that you have tried to get it to work.

When you mention that you tried unpairing and repairing from Bluetooth, are you referring to the same process I detailed above? If not, please try going through all of them to get your Fitbit to work again particularly running the set up process once again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, followed the steps above. Tried every other suggestion I found. I gave up and then it started randomly working again 8 or so hours later. 

Worked for a day with no issues then stopped for 5 or so hours and then again began working. Its function isn't consistent. 😞

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit Versa for several months now and it just started doing the syncing issue.  Is there an issue with the latest release that is causing us to have to reinstall and start the process like it is a new replacement all the time.  If not is it an issue with the tracker that we need to address?

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit yes unfortunately I have tried that. To no avail 

Best Answer

Hello @Clearleigh@bsb55 and @Carolelc.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

I'd like to ask you all of the situation has continued since then? If so please let me know!

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it has continued.

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked then stopped syncing again for like 8 hrs and then started working on it's own. It isn't consistently working no matter what steps I try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Clearleigh and @Carolelc.

Thanks for getting back to me.

@Clearleigh Our team will be getting in touch with you about this situation. Please keep an eye on your email inbox, trash or spam folders for their mail. They will be happy to help out.

@Carolelc, Have you turned the All-Day Sync and Always Connected options on? Those should help so that the syncing is consistent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had those selections made since my first setup...

It continues to have syncing issues.

It stopped syncing at 6am today despite all the correct settings and then just starting working 5 hours later. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

flowing.... I have the exact same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Carolelc. Welcome to the Forums @Turtlemark.

Thanks sharing your experiences on the matter and letting me know you have checked those features @Carolelc.

@Carolelc I'd like to ask you if you have other Bluetooth devices connected to your phone? They could be causing interference with your Fitbit and leading to the inconsistencies.

@Turtlemark Have you tried running the set up process again directly on the Fitbit app as if you were setting up a replacement?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have tried several attempts to do reduce the setup procedures... And no there was no other Bluetooth devises paired with the phone at the time.... I have turned on and off watch multiple times and rebooted phone multiple times before and after attempting to do a setup... I have also uninstalled the app (more than once) as well . At this point my phone doesn't even see the watch in a general scan any more.... It always did before... 

Everything I am and who I want to be in owe to my angle mother...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Turtlemark.

Thanks for letting me know that you have tried all of those steps. 

I'd like to ask if the situation has continued since then or if you have been able to to get your Fitbit to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It finally started working again a day ago...didn't do anything special.... Other than I did repair with my car... Then later thought oh check try again and bam it worked and has worked since.. Hope it continues to as this has left me not trusting that it will.

Everything I am and who I want to be in owe to my angle mother...
Best Answer

No other bluetooth devices are synced to my phone except my car. 

That doesn't seem to be the issue as sometimes it syncs back up while in the car. 

My last sync was now Wednesday so too days ago...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Turtlemark and @Carolelc.

@Turtlemark Glad to read that it all seems to be working correctly now! Hopefully they do continue to work without any hiccups.

@Carolelc Did you get the chance the try to follow the steps I mentioned above?

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done every suggestion twice. As I said above no consistent syncing regardless of what steps I try. It works and then doesn't and then works again with no steps on my part throughout the day. When I try to sync it I go through all the steps listed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes