Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't sync with Samsung S9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the Samsung S9 update on July 5, my Versa will not sync. Today is July 19 and it's still not fixed. Anyone have a Samsung S9 and can connect? I have rebooted the versa a dozen times, rebooted my phone a dozen times, reinstalled the app several times. I guess I will have to return the Versa sadly.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Forums @snowlovinggirl.

It could be because the Galaxy S9 is not on the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully tested and optimized to work with those phones and thus issues like this may arise. 

While the app can work as long as the phone meets the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that some issues will happen. Some users of phones not on that list have mentioned that going through these troubleshooting steps helped them, so it's definitely worth a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The S9 is on the list...I just hung up with customer support since my versa stopped syncing after an update yesterday.  I was told that because it syncs with my iPad, it’s a Samsung issue.  They LOVE to screw things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mamatracy.

Thanks for sharing those details and getting in touch with our support team. 

Please do keep in mind that my post saying that it is not on the list is old and the phone has indeed been added to the list since then.

It could be that your Versa is bonded to your iPad. Could you try turning the iPad off and then trying to sync with your S9? Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased my Versa and have a Samsung 9.

Everything worked great till a couple days ago.

Than this morning (11/14/18) it stopped .

I have uninstalled both and restarted my phone.

Still says-cant find device !

Help -to much money to waste !!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Sheza.

Let me help you in getting this to work! Thanks for letting us know that you uninstalled the app and restarted the phone.

My suggestion in this case would be for you to try to follow the steps listed in this help article. They should definitely help in getting everything to sync correctly. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung S9 has the Fitbit app, and I have a Versa, does not connect since 29th July 2019. All the recent updates do not work, I hard reset my Versa, and now it keeps saying to download the Fitbit app, which I already have, please can you send help as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Ive tried every step possible to get my versa to reconnect with my samsung galaxy S9 Plus, which i add, has previoulsy worked with seamlessly. Very frustrated and annoyed.

-Ive hard reset both phone and device.

-Turned bluetooth off and on.

-Ensured all permissions are enabled.

-Ensured the app is fully up to date as well as reinstalling on numerous occasions.

-Ensured full battery on both devices.

-Removed device from fitbit account from previous connection.

Ive just about had enough and i want answers after spending a fortune on a device that now wont work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned on All Day syncing and it started working.

Best Answer
0 Votes