Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 2.71 did not fix notifications in silent mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The 2.71 update still treats silent and Do Not Disturb modes the same. Preferably, we should be able to receive vibrating notifications in Silent mode, while suppressing them in Do Not Disturb mode. They really are different, Fitbit. Please fix!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Howdy, @8STRING! Have you enabled the new option? 

To check, open your Fitbit app and click on your Fitbit (e.g. Versa), then scroll down and select "Notifications". On the Notifications screen, under "Vibration Settings", select "Always Vibrate".

This will enable your watch to vibrate even if your phone is on silent/DND. 

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I want notifications in silent mode, but not in DND. They are not the same! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently you are quite rude to someone who was merely using their free time to try and help. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I thought you were from Fitbit.  They "fix" something and it isn't any better than before the "fix".

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fixed it for me! Notifications now go to my fitbit from my phone while on silent! YAY! Thank you!

Best Answer

Do you use "Do Not Disturb"?  I use my Versa for a silent alarm clock, so I set it to DND from 11:30pm to 6:30am so it doesn't vibrate while I am sleeping.  Also, I like to keep my phone on silent, but still want to get notifications on my Versa.  That's why I am asking for separate Fitbit notifiation controls for DND and Silent modes.  Their last fix treats DND and Silent the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh gotcha. No. I only use it with my phone silent. Hopefully they fix it soon. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @8STRING - no worries. I have had a few frustrating support experiences myself, so I understand! 

I thought there was a way to do this. I'm going to look into it a bit more... I think I've read just about every single bit of Android help with all the problems I've had with my Versa.

Good luck anyway. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they rushed out a solution before fully understanding the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They need to split them out -- have a separate option for both "Silent" and "DND", then people can choose what they want. It might be worth posting this in the Suggestions section? 

It's not the most elegant solution, but I wonder if something like this app might work as a bit of a workaround? It seems to allow you to have greater control over sounds and notifications, so maybe you could rig up at a sound profile for when your phone is on Silent and push the notifications to your watch still? 

It does have ads/in-app purchases, there might be a better alternative, but just an idea...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=Orion.Soft&hl=en

Best Answer
0 Votes