Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website dashboard and app dashboard offset by an hour!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My app dashboard seems to be showing my steps one hour earlier than they really are while the fitbit.com website is showing them properly. The app dashboard shows I got dots for 250 steps per hour during the hours starting 8 am, 9 am, 12 noon, 1,2,3,4,5,6pm while the website shows 9 am, 10 am, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 pm. I actually think the app had it correct in the early part of the day but sometime late afternoon, things switched. I would walk the halls of my building (over 300 steps) and sync to the app and it would show steps in the previous hour but NONE in the hour I was in.

I would guess something got confused by the time change though I never had a problem before. I didn't reset a thing manually for the time change. My phone automatically switched.
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It's certainly a bit weird that the time was changed automatically @gmw4259, if you're still seeing a the one hour difference, try to adjust the time to a different time zone in your application, then change it back to the time zone you had chosen, don't forget to sync after every modification to save all the changes, this has been helpful for other users to reset the settings of the time zone.

Also remember that the time shown on your tracker should automatically match the mobile device or computer to which it is paired, you can find more information about this here. I hope this helps, keep me posted. 

You post has been moved to the Android board in order to keep me Community more organized. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavideFitbit,I don't quite know how to search for where you moved things to so I'm replying here.

In any case, it is working fine this morning (and again, I didn't do ANYTHING about time zones, either yesterday or today).

You seem puzzled when I said my phone adjusted the time automatically. To be explicit, at 2 am (EDT) Sunday my phone automatically changed its time to 1 AM (EST). I didn't do anything manually.

But since it's working now, I guess it doesn't matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did as you suggested, syncing after saving the changes, and the dashboard time is still off by one hour since the time change to daylight savings. It's now 10:21 AM and it has me taking steps 40 minutes in the future. Need a new fix, please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavideFitbit I did as you suggested, syncing after saving the changes, and the dashboard time is still off by one hour since the time change to daylight savings. It's now 10:21 AM and it has me taking steps 40 minutes in the future. Need a new fix, please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yours is the reverse of what mine was. When my app was off, it was showing my steps 1 hour in the past. And mine is fine now and I didn't do anything overnight. I did reboot my phone at one point but did nothing to the app.

If you look at your dashboard on fitbit.com, @vic12655, does it show steps at the same time as the dashboard on the app does or is only the app wrong? When mine had the problem yesterday, the 2 dashboards differed.

FYI: we didn't change TO Daylight Saving Time, we changed away from it, now we're in Standard Time. You're in the U.S., right? We change in the spring TO Daylight Saving Time (there is no "S" on the end of "Saving" in the official name)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome, thanks for the update and for providing this important information @gmw4259!

@vic12655, if this was due to the time change it should be resolved only by syncing the tracker as you regularly do. If you're doing this through the app, try logging out, reboot the phone and access the application again. I hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes