Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Exercise Goals setting missing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the Android app, clicking on an exercise brings up the "Exercise" screen and a partially filled triangle stating I've exercised 2 out of 3 days. How do I change this goal? I'd like to encourage myself to run 4 times a week, not 3.

Directions online indicate that this should be changed by using the gear icon in the upper-right. But that only allows me to change the "Auto Recognized Exercises" times.

I'm using Version 2.34 (2183039) of the FitBit application on a Moto X (2nd Gen).

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for verifying. My Moto is running Android 6.0 so it must be something different in the newer OSes.

EDIT: Turns out that re-installing the Android application fixed my problem.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18
Same problem on Charge 2 with Android Nougat on my Nexus 9 tablet. It is fine on my Android 4.4.2 phone. Am running most recent Fitbit updates on both devices: Fitbit firmware 22.44.12 and app version 2.35.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for verifying. My Moto is running Android 6.0 so it must be something different in the newer OSes.

EDIT: Turns out that re-installing the Android application fixed my problem.

Best Answer

If reinstall the app will I lose my history of charge 2 or will it be saved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @Célina! Welcome aboard. If  you've already synced the information it will be saved on your account and not only on the App. 

Let us know how it goes! :}

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
It worked! I can change my excercise goal and still have al my recorded data from last weeks 🙂 
Best Answer

Hey, @Célina! Thanks for the updates. I'm so glad to hear that it worked. :}

I hope to see you around a little more, take a look at our cool Discussion boards and share some more with us. There is a variety of topics! Heart

Best Answer

I followed the instructions to change my weekly exercise goal, but when I click on the "gear", the option to change weekly goal is not there.  The only options are setting times for auto recognized exercises.

Best Answer

This problem has been reported before, @Bourbonblu, and it appears to be a hardware dependent problem. For example on Android app v3.29 on my HTC One M9 phone, I do not have the option available, just like you reported. But, on my ZTE K88 tablet, also running Android app v3.29, the option to change the goals is available.

Best Answer

I am having this same problem! I know I used to be able to because I switched it from 5 to 4, but now I want to go back to 5 and the option isn't there.

Best Answer

Same here on my Samsung Galaxy. Hey Fitbit, how about an answer and a fix/patch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tha same issue and I don't believe this is hardware dependent. There is absolutely no reason for it to be.

This is another bug that seems to be ignored by the development team and the workaround is to change the exercise goals at the beggining of the day (seen on other posts reporting exactly the same, just search for it).

I'm again a bit disappointed that this was not solved quickly and is still happening, this was already reported in the middle of last year if not earlier. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue. I logged out of the app (Account >>> Scroll to bottom of page >>> Log Out), and signed back in.

Now go back, tap on the "X of Y Days weekly exercise" icon >> Gear Icon. For me, it was back!

Best Answer

Thank you for this information. It worked.

Best Answer

I did the same, and it worked for me!

Best Answer

Hi,

I have the same problem but I'm on Blaze, Samsung S7

My set up is 5 days a week and that's not really possible for me so I'd like to change it to 3 days.

I have the same display as OP.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cotcinelle Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Seems to have worked for @kwildman001 @BrandiBigelow5 @Nimsicle. Let me know if that works.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Yes it has!!!!

Thank you 😁😁😁

Best Answer

@cotcinelle! Yay! Thanks for being part of the family and letting us know that you are back on track.

I would love to see you participating in our Discussion boards, where everyone gets to share their thoughts. Heart

Best Answer