Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Fitbit isn't responding" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently upgraded my phone to Android 7.0, Nougat. First the Facebook app would not work, and now I cannot get the fitbit app to open on the phone. I get the dreaded message, "Fitbit isn't responding." Any ideas? Any other similar experiences? Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the forums, hope you're doing great @BobkochsI moved your post to the Android App Board as there are more chances for you to get an answer here to your inquiry! Smiley Wink 

This is very strange and of course this is bringing to my attention. I'd recommend doing the following:

• Double check if your Fitbit App is up-to-date (Version 2.47)
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App
  • Force sync your Fitbit App 

If these steps don't work I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your Fitbit App. 

Let me know the outcome! Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Two problems. First, the Charge 2 I got as a birthday present did not come
with a dongle. Was it supposed to? It seems logical to include the dongle,
as it's necessary for working with most computers.
Second, the fitbit app on my Moto G4 does not open. I have recently
"upgraded" (ha!) to Android 7, and I wonder if that could be the problem.
Thanks for any tips!

--bobkochs
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back my friend @Bobkochs! It's seems that the Moto G4 is not a compatible device yet. See my image below and let me know if yours is listed there (maybe I got confused with the names lol):

MotoG4.png

If it's not included in our list, that's the reason why you cannot connect your tracker to the Fitbit app. Bluetooth 4.1 is an update to the current Bluetooth 4.0 protocol that removes certain limitations and allow developers to do more with Bluetooth devices. It is backwards compatible and Fitbit trackers are compatible with devices using Bluetooth 4.1.  While many Android devices have a Bluetooth 4.1 chip, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. 

In the meantime you can use any other device included in that list or a PC or Mac. You can find the instructions on how to do it by clicking here.

Last but not least, a lot of computers don't need a dongle in order to sync with Fitbit trackers. The most current version of Fitbit Connect for Mac and the Windows 10 App supports syncing using a computer's native Bluetooth

I'd also recommend making sure that you have the most current version of either the Windows 10 App or Fitbit Connect installed on your computer.  

I'll be around my friend! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, lucky me to have picked this phone! The next question is, will this
problem ever be rectified by a new fitbit app, or will I need a change in
the phone, or possibly a different phone?
Many thanks!

--bobkochs
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an accurate response to your question my friend @Bobkochs. Our team is always striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. However, I can't assure that your mobile device is going to be added in the next Fitbit updates. 

Therefore, if you want to keep using your tracker you can definitely use any other device supported by Fitbit as I've advised in my post above

Catch you later! 

Best Answer
0 Votes