Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app updates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have noticed that my Samsung ace 3 is still on version 2.15.1 and I appear to be unable to update it. Any ideas?
Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hey @tonyfrompetone is great to see you around! Smiley LOL Let me share with you this steps to update your Fitbit app.

To see what version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

To update the Fitbit app:

1. Open the Google Play store on your device.
  2. Tap the menu button.
  3. Tap My Apps and choose the Fitbit app.
  4. Tap Update. If you want automatic updates in the future, check the Allow automatic updating box.

In addition let me share with you this article to see What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app? 

I hope this helps! Smiley Wink

Moderator edit: info updated

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
Latest available to me 2.51.1.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I meant 2.15.1. No solution.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is very weird @tonyfrompetone. Try this: Log out from Fitbit app, go to your Phone settings, find the Fitbit app, tap Clear Cache, then Clear Data and Force Close the app, finally Log back into the Fitbit app and see if there is a new update for your Fitbit app, because the latest version is the 2.25. 

Keep me posted.

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that - still only seeing update 2.15.1 7/12/2015. I had already deleted the app and gone back to the play store and was only being offered that revision which I reinstalled. Where to from here?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have come to the conclusion that because my phone only has android 4.2.2 any subsequent updates for the app are only supported by android 4.3. At least, that is what a table, posted by Ricky, shows. Perhaps the App Store is clever enough to know I am not eligible for any further updates. Bad news if that's the case as I am not replacing my phone and Samsung aren't gonna update the OS any time soon, despite calls to do so.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @tonyfrompetone, thanks for the info. That totally make sense. I was investigating and in order to update your Fitbit app to the next version "2.16" the minimum requirement is Android OS 4.3+. The "2.15" was the last version for users with Android 4.3. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes
No Matter - it runs as well as can be expected. Thank you for your input. Something for others to be aware of.
Best Answer

I just updated my fitbit app yesterday and now it won't sync.  I've charged fitbit, restarted bluetooth, shut phone off, uninstalled fitbit app, unpaired device....Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are right @tonyfrompetone, thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and for helping me to find the main reason. Keep helping us on the Community, it will be great to see you around! 

@shering thanks for join us! Let me give you some steps to make it work: 

1. Clear the Browser Cache on your Fitbit app by: Logging out from Fitbit app > Phone settings > Fitbit app > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Force Close the app 
2. Turn off the Bluetooth and also your cellphone
3. Restart your tracker
4. Turn On your cellphone and also the Bluetooth
5. Open your Online Dashboard on fitbit.com and Set Up your tracker as a new Fitbit device.
6. Finally, Log back into your Fitbit app and sync your tracker. 

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I did all that as well.  It was working fine until I ran the update 😞

Best Answer

It will say it is connecting, however when I go to tap, it won't recognize the tap.  It does vibrate, but the app won't recognize it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley Sad @shering. But don't worry about it, try to Contact Costumer Support, I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out. 

I hope you can be back on track soon! Cat Embarassed 

Best Answer
Well I overcame the problem of the app update - I bought a new phone! Huawei P8 Lite which has android 5.0.1 so I'm now on the latest release of the app. The new phone syncs a whole lot faster too so the old Ace3 was getting a bit out of date.
Best Answer

That is great @tonyfrompetone, that phone is very cool, I'm very happy for you! Smiley LOL You can enjoy the new features now and also, let me share with you our Discussion Board, where you'll find a lot of tips to improve workouts. Smiley Wink

Enjoy the rest of the week! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This really sucks that you have to buy a phone with a newer OS in order to use the features of the Fitbit/APP. I wish Fitbit would make this clear to customers before they make purchases. I don't understand why Fitbit can't make the app compatable with the once supported operating system instead of the operating system compatable with the app. Not everybody can go buy new phones to use the app. I can't even synce my new Fitbit Charge 2 with my Galalxy S3, I was able to with the Charge HR. Very disapointed customer, as I have used this fitbit to lose 135lbs, and now can't even synce/bluetooth to keep me informed or use features of the new Fitbit Charge 2 HR.

Best Answer
@AK47Custom Once you update your phone and your operating system is 5.01 and higher you'll realize that all of your apps will be updated and different from what you are use too.

So you have a Galaxy S3 which your "operating system" would probably be on Jelly bean vs. 4.0. something. Each operating system changes which means each app needs to change in order to run on that operating system.

As for Androids current operating system depending on your device they are vs. 5.0.1 and up.

5.0 is Lollipop
6.0 is Marshmallow
7.0 is Nougat

A lot of devices are running between Lollipop and Marshmallow.

I hope this helps you understand
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I understand that now. Too bad they don't inform customers when they make a purchase that it won't work on their phone, and they need to purchase a new phone too. Most of these phones DON'T just simply update to the next best operating system. One must actualy purchase a NEW phone, with a newer operating system to use an app they had used before, but now won't work with the new fitbit.

Best Answer
@AK47Custom

You're right the older phones just don't update to the newer operating system, this is because the amount of space is needed and certain requirements in the phone that the operating system needs.

Your phone won't sync the charge 2?
Best Answer
0 Votes