Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird new issue Fell Asleep Time Wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Weird new issue wrong fell asleep time recorded last night. Fitbit shows I feel l fell asleep at 1:33 am but my wife's Fitbit recorded 12:23 am and she verified I was asleep before her.

In essence it skipped over an hour of sleep.Screenshot_2017-05-13-08-15-54.png

Vs my wife's:Screenshot_2017-05-13-08-27-54.jpg

Any ideas what happened? I would think it was me being restless or having a high heart rate, or the band being loose, but everything was normal on my end i.e. band on properly, heart rate below 70, and I almost always fall asleep quickly and sleep soundly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @toddsdonald, thank you for keep me posted. Certainly its an odd behavior. It's hard to say what exactly caused the issue due to the fact you haven't change the settings of your tracker. I will conclude it was an error on the internal software that produce your tracker missed that night. I would suggest to keep a closed eye if the issue persists on a daily basis to proceed with a restart in case of being necessary.

If you see it happen again, I saw on your Community profile you have a Charge HR. So give it a try to these steps: How do I restart my Charge HR?

If you need more help I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @toddsdonald, good to see you again and thank you for sharing with me screenshots of your sleep logs along with your wife's for comparison purpose.

You are correct, when you haven’t moved in over an hour, algorithms assume that sleep has begun, which is then confirmed by the length of time your movements only indicate sleep behavior (rolling over, etc).

You can try to modify the setting of your sleep to make more accurate your tracker. Your tracker's setting can record your sleep in either "sensitive" mode for extremely detailed sleep reporting or "normal" mode for a more basic idea of your sleep patterns.

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. This setting may be helpful for users who wake up feeling tired even though their sleep history shows sufficient rest.
  1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.

Give it a try to this suggestions and keep me posted. I'll be here if you need more help.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto, thanks for the info, unfortunately didn't help. The problem didn't occur prior and hasn't happened again... It was just that one night. To clarify, Fitbit didn't record the sleep in the beginning of the sleep cycle. I hadn't made any changes to the sensitivity before or after that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @toddsdonald, thank you for keep me posted. Certainly its an odd behavior. It's hard to say what exactly caused the issue due to the fact you haven't change the settings of your tracker. I will conclude it was an error on the internal software that produce your tracker missed that night. I would suggest to keep a closed eye if the issue persists on a daily basis to proceed with a restart in case of being necessary.

If you see it happen again, I saw on your Community profile you have a Charge HR. So give it a try to these steps: How do I restart my Charge HR?

If you need more help I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes