Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I love my fitbit. But the past week, the fItbit App has gone south and fast.  

I can't update my steps progression etc with out turning off my Bluetooth, uninstalling the app etc.  Not to add that the app when open makes my phone vibrate continuously because the notifications in the App are a showing EVERY SINGLE NOTIFICATION/CHEER since 2017!! Old posts say that the notifications will just "disappear" on their own but that's not happening.. I have 99+ notifications...

I am tech savvy enough to know and try turning off settings,  and all that but it all happens because of the fitbit App and the latest update.  Can anyone please advise what is going on..? I  need my phone I cannot turn it off, the fitbit update is driving me insane. 

Thanks in Advance..

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

That sounds terrible, @Pauliesgrl4eva! Have you tried removing the app ... powering your phone off completely ... turning the phone back on ... then reinstalling the app? Please let us know if that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Carol

I have done it all. 🙂

I've turned off bluethooth, uninstalled the app, held the button down to "reset" the fitbit, turned the off over night, during the day. Logged in via the web, logged out via the web..turned off all notifications on all apps that are not required, ie game apps.  

Changed phones even (OK not technically..i borrowed a phone same thing happened....)

Ive even let my phone go flat, u installed every non-importamy apps. 🙂

And still the most recent update of the fitbit app is almost 90% successful in sending the two peanuts in my head into a full shake down lol.. 

Not sure what is going on with the tech guys and their updates... But I hope they work the gremlins out of it soon.  This is the first time in 5-6years I have had an issue I cannot resolve myself. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

I also cannot

-Sync my charge 2 with my phone

-Tracker is not found

-active minutes not recorded (I exercise twice a day..) 

-steps not being recorded

Arrrrggghhhh 😂 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem & its sooo frustrating! 

I have a charge 2 & am on Android. Software update installed over the weekend & now my tracker won't sync. The app keeps showing sync scheduled but doesn't happen. Then says restart bluetooth but nothing  happens! I've uninstalled the app several times & it doesn't work. The steps per hour feature isn't registering either. I love my Fitbit but this is so annoying I'm thinking of finding an alternative. Please sort it Fitbit! 

Best Answer

Yes whats going on. No data for sleep steps or anything for tat matter and its only 3 months old.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. Can’t add custom foods either, they all come out a 0 calories no matter what value I put in. What’s gone wrong?.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated. I have not been able to sync my charge 3 since March 22nd! I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have restarted the Fitbit, I am beyond frustrated... The app continues to say cannot find device... Uggh

Best Answer

I have done that three times and still it won't sync never had this problem until it was updated

Best Answer

Okay everything was going fine for 3+years, today I get a Versa 2 an upgrade for me. Connected no problem. The problem is with the Fitbit app!! I mean it’s blank!! I have to track my calories and see where I’m at...

Anyone know what’s happening?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right there with you. The app is driving me CRAZY!!  Samsung 10+. It will not consistently open and/or sync. I am constantly deleting and reinstalling the app. I can't use half the features (Fitbit pay, notifications, Alexa) because I have to set these up after every install. I can maybe go two days if I am lucky without having to uninstall and reinstall. I have been a Fitbit user since 2014, and on my 3rd device. It is getting ridiculous. Ready to toss Fitbit altogether. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You know what? I have any iPhone so I can’t use the send short answers to
texts— in all my research I never read it had to be an Android. So I’m
thinking of sending this back I bought it at Kohl’s for 199 and I found an
Apple smart watch for 199. I just might send this back and get the Apple.
I’m so disappointed in this Versa 2, I mean the Alexa feature always loses
connection.

Hey thanks for your message, I hope we can figure this out.

Beat wishes,

Mary
Best Answer
0 Votes