Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the data-sharing agreement between Fitbit and Google?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was fairly disappointed to see Fitbit join Google. Anyone else?

The statements saying the deal is about devices vs data are hard to believe. The statements also say Fitbit user data will be separated from Google Ad data, but nothing more specific.

I don't have a law degree, so does anyone have an easy-to-digest summary of what the data sharing agreement is between Fitbit and Google? Google has enough of my personal data as it is, and depending on what may have changed I would consider leaving Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JonDF, welcome to the Community Forums.  

We believe in being transparent about our data practices and work hard to keep your data safe, therefore, you can always review our Privacy Policy here. There you’ll learn about the data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe. To learn about policy updates, please check this help article and also: Fitbit Joins Google for more details about our recent changes.

@USAF-Larry Thanks for the helpful information that was shared in your post.

I'll be around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I am not a lawyer, and don't have an "easy-to-digest summary of what the data sharing agreement is", but I don't know of any data of mine on Fitbit that Google doesn't already have in their archives. I don't plan on discontinuing the use of the Fitbit devices because of the merger.

Best Answer

Hi @JonDF, welcome to the Community Forums.  

We believe in being transparent about our data practices and work hard to keep your data safe, therefore, you can always review our Privacy Policy here. There you’ll learn about the data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe. To learn about policy updates, please check this help article and also: Fitbit Joins Google for more details about our recent changes.

@USAF-Larry Thanks for the helpful information that was shared in your post.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am disappointed about the merger.  I will be taking my fitbit off; and planning on looking at other devices.  I had a device from Motorola many years ago; that i truly loved; think i will look into that; or maybe one of the cheaper models; that have a majority of the same benefits. 

When big tech gets involved; it will only be a matter of time before our health data gets mined. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to see you go, @klhinva.  Best of luck with whatever replacement you choose.

Best Answer

If you are on the Internet, Google already knows more about you then you realize. Apple user, your search bar is powered by Google. Android user, you are..... 

Best Answer