Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the watch display ºC rather than ºF in the weather despite app set at ºF? - Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I changed the temperature preference from the factory C setting to F during initial device set up, that lasted about 2 days, it then defaulted back to C without my input. I have not been able to reset it despite the phone app setting display reads F. Fitbit "Higher Level" support was not helpful... at all.

Any  suggestions? I have rebooted phone and Sense, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, removed the device from my account, did a new device set up, and did a software update. I have done everything I can think of except factory reset. Is that my next and only option?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ajr3j and @MarineMomx2 

It sounds like your settings got altered somehow. No worries. Just open your Fitbit App, tap on your profile picture then scroll down and tap the name of your Fitbit watch then tap Gallery. Now just scroll down and tap weather. Tap settings and change from Celsius to Fahrenheit then tap done. Sync your device to accept your new settings.

Let me know if this helps. 😃 Happy Stepping! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I have not done the factory reset but my watch displays C instead of F

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your app show farenheit or celsius in the unit section? Have you tried changing it unsuccessfully as well? 

Best Answer

Hello @ajr3j and @MarineMomx2 

It sounds like your settings got altered somehow. No worries. Just open your Fitbit App, tap on your profile picture then scroll down and tap the name of your Fitbit watch then tap Gallery. Now just scroll down and tap weather. Tap settings and change from Celsius to Fahrenheit then tap done. Sync your device to accept your new settings.

Let me know if this helps. 😃 Happy Stepping! 

Best Answer
That worked! Thank you so much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

😃 Your so very welcome @MarineMomx2! I’m happy it worked

Best Answer

SUCCESS! Thank you very much! You provided the solution that Fitbit Support could not.

Best Answer

That’s fantastic @ajr3j!! I’m happy to be able to help. 😃 Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @MarineMomx2 Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated. 

@ajr3j Welcome to the forums. I am glad to read that now the unit on the weather app matches the settings on the app. Shout out to @SunsetRunner for the solution!

I wish you all a lot of fun with Fitbit. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer