Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't GPS working?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Connected GPS in not working on my Android 5.1 from Charge 2. Have found that help topic has mismatch with reality.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2036/?q=connected+gps+problem&l=en_US&fs=Search&p...

• GPS is turned on for the exercise type. Tap the gear icon and make sure the Use Phone GPS setting is on.

In fact on my phone I have the screen with Weekly Exercise Goals and Auto Recognized Exercises. Nothing about GPS.

BTW GPS is working well  for Run, Walk, Hike when I start exercise from Stopwatch icon. But this is hardly to name as "connected GPS" as no route data is transferred to charge 2 device during exercise. But in opposite heart rate data is merged to exercise into smartphone. Hardly intention was that user has to watch smartphone during run. Would be better to have in addition to Run, Walk, Hike also Bike choice when press Stopwatch.

May it would be interesting for developers. When I start GPS exercise from stopwatch I can see every time Fitbit in Setting/Location/Recent location requests. But never such request is listed when start GPS exercise from wristlet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @LV2017! That direction actually refers to something you do on your tracker. When you open the exercise, you will see a gear in the bottom left corner. These are instructions for the Blaze, you should be checking out the next tab, which are instructions for the Charge 2.

I've found that sometimes you need to start the tracker a few times to actually get the connected GPS. I've also found that sometimes even though it doesn't connect when it initially starts, it will still track your exercise with GPS.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know and already have pressed "Charge 2".  You can check that recommendations for Blaze and Charge 2 for case of Check Fitbit app are the same. Seems bug in help. Critical bug  or Fitbit has no solution for Charge 2 yet and just copied-pasted from Blaze.

BTW  on my screen gear and stopwatch are in upper-right corner.  

Best Answer
0 Votes