Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widget not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For around a month now the widget no longer displays the latest data. It'll only update if I enter the app and view the data in my dashboard.

I've done all the usual things, removed the widget and reinstated it, logged out and back in on the app.

I've checked all the battery saving options in my phone settings and disabled all the relevant options.

I've checked everything my end.

Thing is, why should I need to?

It was working fine before, and now it's not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Nothing?

Nobody?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues.  Fitbit will lose another customer here

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of 6  last Sunday I am no longer receiving Reminders to Move and Android Messages aren't showing up on Tracker. This morning the Tracker stopped syncing to my Weight Loss App.! I have Uninstalled and Reinstalled the App, Rebooted inumerable times and am FED UP.   All Permissions are set correctly. 

SUPPORT was Unavailable all week

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does one need to do to get a Fitbit developer or community manager to take a look at an issue?

Best Answer

Seems this forum is no use whatsoever for Android users. 

I noticed approx 19000 topics in this forum compared to circa 15000 in the ios forum. Wasn't Fitbit bought by Google? And yet their Android app is an absolute shambles!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like the same type of issue I was just having. I recently got a new phone then my fitbit died a few weeks later so that needed  to be replaced. I deleted my old fitbit from the app and synced my new one with no issues but then noticed it would show my steps that day but not record them. It would show as zero the next day. It also said it was synced but it showed battery life at the same level for days. I went into account settings on the app then to authorized devices.  My old phone that even had a factory reset on it was still showing up as an authorized device. I removed that then immediately it kicked in showed all info for the day and actual battery %. I hope this helps you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help but that's nothing like my issue.

My app synch's fine.

All my data is collected and displayed, when I open the app to view it.

What isn't happening is the widget isn't updating. As we are here in the Android section I shouldn't really need to explain what a widget is, should I?

Imagine you had a clock widget on your home screen, but instead of showing you the time, it showed you the time from the last time you opened your clock app.

That's what's happening with the Fitbit Widget. It displays old, outdated data.

Only when I actually open the Fitbit app does the widget refresh, otherwise it's like a sleeping widget refusing to give me anything useful until I nudge it and feed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The widget on my android home screen told me I'd made a total of 396 steps all day yesterday.

lol 🤣

Of course my Fitbit knew different!

I use FitToFit to synch my data from Fitbit to Google Fit and the Google Fit widget was updating in near real-time.

Why oh why can't the developers of this app for Android make the app widget behave correctly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah the app itself updates, if I enter it it pulls steps without syncing to the watch so it does work in bg, syncs but the widget is at 0.

If I open the app and leave it, sometimes the widget displays something ridiculous like 1000 while I hover at 14k.

I think it started with Android 12.

Removing and redoing the widget doesn't help. Adding a fresh one after syncing stays at zero.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree. All my problems began after an Update in late October. I called Customer service last week and after an hour with no change (no texts, no emails and I wasn't even getting my "need to walk" at 10 minutes to the hour), he said he'd send it up the chain. No emails etc from them since.
Best Answer