Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout Editing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Folks, 

So I've had a bit of a look around, but there are so many topics that I can't really find exactly what I am looking for. 

I have done this a few times now, where I have forgotten to start the workout on my watch until half way into my workout. I go back into the workout once I'm done, and edit the time that I started, and the duration. So far so good. except it's not. For reasons that I just cannot bend my head around, the app doesn't just look at the calories that I burned during that time, because I was wearing my watch and it knows what I burned and when. So almost every time I've tried to fix this, it's knocked my calories down to something ridiculous like 365cals, when I ACTUALLY burned close to 1050cals. Except I cant edit this. the button is greyed out. And I have been able to fix this in the past. 

So I delete the activity and re-log it. Nope, that doesn't work either. it just dictates a tiny amount of cals which is totally inaccurate.

So I try the website dashboard. And, success, it logs it! with the correct calories! Except this now won't show up on my app. 

I swear, this thing is becoming more hassle than it's worth. it's supposed to make working with your data easy, not really hard. anyone got any answers to this one?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @thefastone I seen reports that editing the start and stop time is possible on iOS.. We have never had the option to edit start and stop times on Android. 

We can edit the titles in workouts (not outdoor workout) and most auto detected events. 

Yes, our only choice is to delete and manually add. However then fitbit calculates the steps, based on the users stride setting. Once the app syncs, it should also sync to the fitbit app. 

I just entered a walk through the web browser. Opened the app, and after a sync, this walk shows up in the app. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue not true anymore, Android app has the option to edit exercises now (it's pretty much aligned with the release of Pixel Watch).

@thefastone this is a bizarre design decision. Unfortunately, when trying to edit the activity the calories will be overridden by the app and it's not possible to correct it manually. Nothing can be done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker what the -)(/;(?

I don't recall ever hitting submit to my last question. Yet I see it did get submitted. I wanted to test this before hitting submit. When I went back to this page, it was still showing as unpublished. 

Yes I see that it is possible. We where told by Google that this will be immediately be addressed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Almost all trackers / watches autodetect workouts To enable autodetect tap the excercise tile on the today screen in the app. Tap the gear icon in the top right corner  

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the replies,  @Rich_Laue I think as has been pointed out yes, you can edit in the Android App, but the problem is that it is screwing the data up when you try to do it. Which is not ideal. And further, when I delete the entry and re-enter it via the dashboard, it is not showing up on my app which is madness, like nothing is joined up.

@t.parkerthe funny thing here, is that I was able to edit the calories recently. So something has changed in the last weeks or months. Seems like the whole fitbit system is getting messed up and buggy lately, and I cannot understand how such a big company like Google are churning out such poor qualty product now, especially given that Fitbit was really good previously. Would be nice if they could just wind back the updates to a more stable previous version.

@LokeAathanks, but autodetect has always been enabled on my device, and yes, it does work, to an extent. Starting and stopping the workput manually gives much better accuracy and better data quality. I also find that sometimes thay autodetected workouts sometimes log, sometimes don't, and sometimes dont show up till much later on.

Thinking it might be time to move to a different ecosystem, Garmin or Suunto are starting to look a little more attractive for my needs.

Best Answer
0 Votes