Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong heart rate in fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screenshot_20180513-160121.png

As you can see it says that my maximum heart-rate was 160. That was not displayed yesterday. Yesterday it showed a totally different curve that was accurate. Also as you can see it said that i was 12 minutes in peak zone. 160 bpm is not peak zone. If i visit the web dashboard the right info is displayed. I have never had problems with this before. Very disapointing.

Screenshot_20180513-193634.png

As you see at the exercise in the middle it says 171 bpm avg. And the hart-rate curve said that my maximum heart-rate was 160. I have resrarted the app and my Sony xperia z5 (not compatible) i also checked a few more of the bike rides with the same disapointing results. And why are steps and even floors counted. What the heck? Also you can see that it tried to calculate my distanse but my phone was not near so the numbers are extremely wrong.  Elevation is also completely wrong it is only accurate if you take the number it says and take away about 40 meters. I feel like everything is inaccurate 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @NexusFitness, my apologies for the late response and is awesome to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community.

So in this case, you mentioned that your heart rate graph were showing a different maximum heart rate than is showing your graph in the screenshot. Is this correct?

Is this happening in a daily basis or was limited to only one occasion? In some exercises or scenarios, the graph in the Android app shows different due to the scale due and the format of the screen. However, it doesn't mean your max average heart rate is 160. Is just the scale in which is represented the graph.

In the Fitbit.com dashboard, this is different, as the scale is displayed in a wider format, so is possible to show more in depth data.

About your steps are being recorded along with floors, assuming this while you are doing bike training, this is an expected outcome. For more help please review this article: Why do I get steps when I'm riding a bike?

See you around and I appreciate you have shared screenshots to have a closer look of your concern.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply (: This is just an issue i have had in a few bike
exercises lately. The heart rate graph was very different before the issue
occured, my max heart rate was 201 originally and now it was 160 and the
curved looked totally different in that exercise.
Best Answer