Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia XA compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm gutted! Got a Fitbit Blaze for my birthday this weekend, after my trusty Pebble original finally gave up the ghost. I am more interested in a smartwatch, than a fitness device. I used my pebble with various watch faces to get feeds (weather mainly, sometimes sports scores etc) directly on my watch, and alerts and notifications (calls, texts etc). But the killer feature was music control, so I didn't need to use my phone at all when listening to music when walking the dog. Used it all the time. Then it stopped working 😞

Anyway, the wife saw me looking at the Blaze, and I saw it did the alerts and music control, and I guess I thought I'd compromise on other features for something that was affordable and had a good battery.

And it doesn't work with the XA 😞 All my music is on that phone!

Can anyone give me a clue why it's not just universally supported on Android phones? Why only specific models? The XA doesn't even see it in bluetooth? It's beyond me why it's not simply universally supported.

Am I going to be waiting for ever, or is there some method of getting development to work on a fix? It could well be Sony of course, but I can't understand it, it's so indifferent from the rest of their range, many of those are listed as supported.

Gutted...

Thanks, Alan

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No Alan, I'm afraid you're just joining the huge number of frustrated Fitbit owners who have incompatible Android phones. There have been no new compatible devices for months. I was given mine as a present and it worked fine with my old Sony Z2 but when that gave up in February I bought a Huawei P9 Lite. This  model is over a year old and still not compatible. If you look at the currently available Android phones only Samsung S6 and S7 are supported.  Fitbit will give you a routine response that their engineers are working hard but nothing ever happens. They are completely misleading customers about Android compatibility! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for joining the Community @Thommo41

At this moment we do not have any information on what devices are being tested, or when will a specific model be added to the compatibility list. 

Since each mobile device has their own specific hardware, and versions of the Android OS, there is a chance that there will be optimization issues that could impact the performance of the Fitbit app on those devices, at the same time, no issues might ever show up.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No Alan, I'm afraid you're just joining the huge number of frustrated Fitbit owners who have incompatible Android phones. There have been no new compatible devices for months. I was given mine as a present and it worked fine with my old Sony Z2 but when that gave up in February I bought a Huawei P9 Lite. This  model is over a year old and still not compatible. If you look at the currently available Android phones only Samsung S6 and S7 are supported.  Fitbit will give you a routine response that their engineers are working hard but nothing ever happens. They are completely misleading customers about Android compatibility! 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat. I've got a Huawei P9 lite too and of course I am unable to use multiple features of my new Charge 2. Thankfully, I've got a Samsung tablet that I can sync with but it is very frustrating!! I wish there would be a commitment from the team that Android compatibility for specific phones is being actively worked on with timelines but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

Best Answer

I can only hope the pebble guys are working on the next new model, I never had a problem with that on any of my devices. Well, not strictly true, firmware updates did drop older IOS support, but that's better than no support for newer models for sure. Frustrating end to the first week with the fitbit. Oh well, I guess it's not a smartwatch after all.

Best Answer

I think they may have undated their compatibility list as I got the fitbit alta today and it is compatible with my Sony Experia xa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes