Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active minutes lost

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I lost half of my active minutes. I had almost 140 active minutes from walking , then 30 minutes later I only have 77 minutes. What happened and how do I get them back? Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @SunsetRunner thanks for the update! Man HappyThis is really weird but I believe a restart should work. I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board which is the perfect place to share your interests and make new friends here at Fitbit.

Let me know how it goes! Man Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

It's nice to see you around more often @SunsetRunner! Smiley HappyWhy don't you try following the steps provided in this thread in which it is explained how active minutes work. Also, make sure you have updated your app to the latest version 2.24.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit gave me 144 active minutes, then like 30 minutes later it
changed it to 77 active minutes. I understand how they work. My activity
didn't change or my intensity. For some reason it changed my minutes for
reason. I will try restarting it and see what happens today. I appreciate
your time and help. Have a great day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @SunsetRunner thanks for the update! Man HappyThis is really weird but I believe a restart should work. I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board which is the perfect place to share your interests and make new friends here at Fitbit.

Let me know how it goes! Man Happy

Best Answer
I didn't have any problems with lost active minutes yesterday. Maybe it was just a glitch or something. I appreciate every one's help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have also lost some of my active minutes.
Last week, I had more than 220 active minutes accumulated and yesterday and today when I look, two days last week where I had more than 60 active minutes have now changed to 0 active minutes. How can this be possible? I earned them and then I lost them? Please help! I have a FitBit Flex and an iPhone 6
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had the same problem. I will be working out and look at my wrist and it says 29 and then a few minutes later I check and it says something lower, like 24. Any ideas how to fix?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Tiffanytigert @ESCK, thanks for stopping by! Are you guys manually logging activities? Typically, your data will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over data tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. For example, if I am wearing my Fitbit and walking and I reach 10 active minutes, then I go to the computer and manually log an activity that starts and ends at that point in time for say 1 hour, Fitbit will calculate how many active minutes you did and it may bring my minutes count to something below 10. To clarify, activities should only be manually logged when you forget to wear your Fitbit. Hope this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think when I manually added an activity into my fitness pal it over rode
my fitbit active minutes. Should be a way to correct active minutes.
Best Answer
Hi @MarreFitbit

The issue is not happening due to manually logging activity. I notice it happening when i am jogging. It happened last night again that it said 20 and then a few minutes later it said 12.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It has happened to me too when I didn't manually log an activity. For some
reason it loses active minutes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very strange let me say @SunsetRunner @ESCK ..... My best recommendation would be to get in touch with Customer Support directly so they can do a deeper investigation and see where the issue is coming from.

Don't forget to mention what you both have done to avoid getting the same ones.

Let me know what they say! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yesterday my actime min. Dissappear ed from my dashboard.  Today it now shows on dashboard, but lists 0 min. Also 0 when I open the tile . I have been up more than two hours and done a short exercise routine.  Something definately went wrong with its reporting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping up here @Kheald! By any chance, have you checked the Fitbit.com Dashboard to see if your active minutes are being showed in there? 

If they are, maybe the issue is coming from the Fitbit app. Therefore, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Hopefully this works my friend, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My active minutes from yesterday didn't record either. They show under Exercise (auto detect) but not as active minutes on the dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My active minutes came back without my needing to do anything. Even
minutes from the days they dissappeared came back. Since you asked, the
minutes had also disappeared from my dashboard as well.
Thanks,
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @KhealdWoman Very Happy I'm glad to hear your active minutes are back.

I had the same issue last Monday, but I tried what I posted here and they appeared again. Did you try that already @ERin2509? Did this issue happen just once? 

Keep me posted please!

Best Answer

No. I didn't try your suggestions. I didn't have time but they just reappeared without any action on my part. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm... maybe it was an issue with the app not updating all the data correctly, but I'm glad to know everything is running smoothly @KhealdSmiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes