Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot log into the fitbit app on my samsung galaxy7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot log into the fitbit app on my samsung galaxy7. it is saying that "username/password invalid" but i know it is correct since it was i'm using to access it on the computer. this has been going since Sunday!!

Please fix!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @carinetw! Have you tried clearing the cache on your app?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did clear the cache and data, restatrted the phone and still same issue.

I cannot log in. this has been going on for almost a week!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, this has been going on for many months. Off and on. The customer service asked if I just got an update on my phone and stated that that is why my fitbit surge does not connect but that they are working on it. The update of my s7 edge was during the night on 8-2-17. It is now 8-27-17. Ever since the update, I cannot sync my surge to my phone. I have tried all the creative things that I have seen in this thread as well as searched many other options. I really think Fitbit is just very lazy in updating and keeping up with the rest of the world. It's unfortunate. My wife and son have a Fitbit but they do not use them at all because of simular hassles and problems. My Surge wristband is also bubbling and coming off the top. I found that this is a very common problem usually just after the one year warranty. I'm really disappointed in Fitbit. I really hope they step up their game. I have a lot of patients that have fitbits and about ready to give up on them as well. Fitbit, I really hope you hear the concerns and step it up. The problems are becoming too much compared to the competition.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, after hours of reading threads with Fitbit users as well as technical support, I found that some of the advice that people are giving could be correct for their Surge but apparently mine is different? People were saying to press the left button for at least 10 sec and you will see the Fitbit symbol and connection will be OK. The discrepancy with my Surge is that you have to go into settings of the watch and go to the shut down option. The phone needs to be completely off. I let it sit for about a minute and then pressed the left button for about 10 seconds. I saw the Fitbit symbol and within a minute the last 3 weeks of data synced. I hope this helps. I just cannot figure out why someone from fitbit can figure this kind of stuff out and let us know. Fitbit!, get to know your product and help us out. There will be more updates and more problems. Figure it out before your customers get too frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes