Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit / text or call notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I've been told my fitbit will vibrate if I receive a text or a call on my phone. How do I turn thus option on ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
71 REPLIES 71

I get the notifications for text and calls on my Alta and love it. You need to set it up in the app.

Best Answer

Hey @KtNEddiesmom!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience in here. It is definitely great to read about people enjoying the Fitbit experience.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. There you can talk about all sorts of different topics!

Hope to see you around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello,

I am using fitbit charge 2 with an asus zenfone 2 and i can't seem to find my devinde on the fitbit devices page. So no phono notifications for me? Any suggestions of how i can fix this?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nephilia! Thanks for stepping into the Community.

Since the Zenfone 2 is not a part of the supported devices, there is no way we could guarantee that the notifications will work. Even if they are setup using the correct process, they might not work properly.

Thanks for your understanding. If you have any further details, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Just got an Alta HR. Tried all the help tips but still can't receive any notifications from my android. Everything is turned on in my device and the Fit bit app. Do I have a defective tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got rid of the alta. Hated the wrist band.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Karen520! Hello @africalover.

@Karen520 I'd need to know what is the specific model for your phone so that I could get a better picture of what could be happening.

@africalover, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Please know that no comment goes unnoticed.

Look forward to your reply so that we can find the best way to move forward.

Best Answer

charge 2 being REPLACED again. tossed the Alta because of the band.

We'll see how the new charge 2 works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @africalover.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the situation. If you experience any issues please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best Answer

When I first received my Charge 2 a couple of weeks ago, I received notifications for texts and calls, it's now stopped, all the apps are set up for notification, but still doesn't work 😢 Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good morning,

Push the button on the side of your Charge 2, until you see Notifications on. The same thing happened to me when I got mine. Sometimes after charging, it will accidentally get pushed off (as you set it in the charge station).

Hope that helps.

Private and confidential as detailed here. If you cannot access hyperlink, please e-mail sender.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My charge 2 is being replaced AGAIN. This is the 3rd one. What ever happened to reliability?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Niknoo@africalover and @Cella!

@Niknoo I would recommend that you try some of the steps that have been provided over this thread. Also give @Cella's suggestion a try, that could resolve the situation for you.

@africalover I'm sure that this Fitbit will work with the notifications properly and not cause you any inconveniences.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
Thanks for taking the time. I thru away my Alta. Couldn’t deal with the wristband any longer. Charge 2 since Feb 1 and on my 3rd replacement. What happened to reliability??????????????????????????????????????

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was determined by customer service after trying all the various fixes that there was something wrong with it and a replacement is being sent.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Karen520 an @africalover!

Thanks for letting us know about this! I'm sure the replacement you're being sent will work as intended.

Best Answer

how do i get my fitbit 2 to get alerts from my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

cant get my  galaxy  j 3 to notify  me from my fit bit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @k13mgm.

I can see how not being able to get notifications might get frustrating. In this case, because the Galaxy J3 is not a compatible device we cannot guarantee that all features will work as intended, like the notifications. Whenever a mobile device is not compatible there is a very real chance that some features will not be able to work correctly. 

If you have access to another device, maybe you could check if it is indeed compatible and then use that one for your Fitbit needs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
ihave a lg tablet how do i get it so i can text or call from my fitbit i
can see what people texted or called me but i cant text or call from my
fitbit alta
Best Answer
0 Votes