Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit won't sync with phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not sure if this is a Fitbit problem or a phone problem. But my fitbit isn't syncing with my android phone. Also the Bluetooth doesn't recognise it. Although it does sync with my tablet.  This has been happening for a couple of days.

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there @janmfitzg, let me start by saying its nice to have you here in our Community. It will depend if your phone or tablet support the Fitbit app and the tracker's features.

Please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices to see if your device are compatible. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added.

Also in addition to this I recommend to review the following post for syncing issues: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Give it a try to see if this get you back on track and don't forget to keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been experiencing the same thing. Thought it was my phone at first. But now i think its fitbit making me crazy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I have a Samsung S4 and a fitbit charge HR. Everything was fine until a few days ago, when the tracker will no longer sync with my phone. I get the message "tracker not found." Additionally the tracker does not show up as paired with my bluetooth. I have been on the phone with fitbit twice already. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone, have restarted the tracker. It will only sync one time if I restart my phone and after that not sync again unlesss I restart my phone again. Calling back to Fitbit tomorrow again. What a pain!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having three same issue. I have an Alta with an S7 edge. Was working fine example until monday/tuesday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue! Galaxy S4, fully updated everything and haven't been able to sync since Tuesday morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues and I've done everything on those troubleshooting steps and it didn't fix the issue for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It must be something at Fitbit and not our phones. Although I did shut my phone off and turned it back on and it works now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I have tried everything multiple times. Very Frustrated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had syncing issues too until I removed the fitbit from my devices recognized Bluetooth items.  Go into your phone/tablet Bluetooth setting and remove/unpair fitbit from the list of recognized devices.  Only use the fitbit app to pair with your fitbit, not the phone/tablet Bluetooth settings.

Best Answer

This worked for me. I had to unpair my Charge, restart my phone, then open the Fitbit app and let it find my Charge. It hasn't worked for the last 5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that, and my phone would not recognize the Charge again. Called
customer service for direct help. Needed a new Fit Bit.

Carol Bittinger
Best Answer
0 Votes

I used have a a Surge and had no problem syncing that with my Samsung Note 3.  Now I have a Blaze and it won't sync with my phone!  The Blaze will sync with my Mac laptop, but I want to be able to sync it with my phone for up to date information!!  If the Blaze is left for a period of time to sync with the phone it suddenly does, however sometimes it doesnt and the battery then is sucked of power!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit sent me a new tracker. Same thing happening.
Best Answer
0 Votes