Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Transcription Error" when using the microphone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I get a text and push the microphone to answer it says transcription error 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad to announce that this issue has been resolved! Please try using the voice replies on your Fitbit device and let us know how it goes. You can always check this help article for instructions on how to use this feature.

Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I hope someone can address this issue soon!!

Best Answer

I updated my Versa 2 yesterday, and now whenever I push to microphone to answer text, it shows me transcription error, and I have tried all the troubleshoot, I hope there is a solution soon....

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem!  Microphone was working for short time and then just stopped working!  I'm not happy with this device!! Any way to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cindalouhoo @Chijoan @CindyGirll @Countrygirl007 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reporting this situation.

Several users have already brought this to our attention. We have escalated it to the proper department. Let me share that our team is aware of this situation and they're working to get this fixed soon. Your patience is truly appreciated and rest assured I'll keep them informed of the impact to you and other members. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thanks but I went through a long troubleshooting with Fitbit today and it still didn't work. I am being sent a new device! It just better work on the mew one!  I have wasted a.lot of time between Geek Squad and Fitbit to get it working!

Best Answer

@Chijoan Thanks for the prompt reply. I feel you, I would have gone through the troubleshooting as well. I love this feature on my device. 

However, it seems to be a general issue that has affected several users. I am curious to know if a new device will solve this. However, it does not seem to be hardware related. We will see. Thanks for the update though. 

Have a lovely weekend and a nice rest of your day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad to announce that this issue has been resolved! Please try using the voice replies on your Fitbit device and let us know how it goes. You can always check this help article for instructions on how to use this feature.

Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and we'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer