Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when using a new phone with a tracker that was previously used on a different phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just switched from an LG Stylo 2V to an LG V20.  I swapped SD card from old to new phone, did not choose "clean install", and in addition, did an LG backup from the old to the new.  I had OS stuff on the SD card, since I had limited internal storage on old phone.  I'm not sure which of these things caused a conflict- also, in an attempt to un pair from the old phone (it never showed in paired devices even though it worked on the Stylo 2V)  I did a network settings reset.  I then did a second factory reset, chose clean install, and did not back up from my old phone (LG lets the two phones connect directly).  Now everything works as it should- I just can't sync with both computer and phone simultaneously,  have to turn blue tooth off on one, (or maybe just wait, not sure).  Support didn't catch this either- but perhaps what I did was unusual.  It didn't occur to me to mention to them.  I may have had Fitbit app running on that SD card as well.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I didn't follow all that you went through, and have no idea of the consequences of swapping SD cards, but it sounds like your only issue is trying to sync with 2 device at once which can confuse the bluetooth.  If so, they yes you have the solution.  Just temporarily turn off bluetooth on one device while syncing with the other.  Or just get far enough away from one of the devices.  There is no need to actually sync from Fitbit to both devices.  Once you sync with one, the other will get the data from Fitbit servers to display, so it will look just as if you did sync with it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I didn't follow all that you went through, and have no idea of the consequences of swapping SD cards, but it sounds like your only issue is trying to sync with 2 device at once which can confuse the bluetooth.  If so, they yes you have the solution.  Just temporarily turn off bluetooth on one device while syncing with the other.  Or just get far enough away from one of the devices.  There is no need to actually sync from Fitbit to both devices.  Once you sync with one, the other will get the data from Fitbit servers to display, so it will look just as if you did sync with it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer