Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no longer receive text or email on sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the first month my sense worked perfect.  Woke up one morning and my sense would no long sync with my phone - Pixel 2XL.  I went through all of the turn off Bluetooth, reboot phone. unpair, power off sense, etc. and then pair all from scratch.  It paired again and  it synced but no email or text notification on the sense.  I went through the entire process  again.  Still can't receive email or text.  yes I have gone into my phone and did all of the checks suggested there - receive notifications on locked screen etc.  Still nothing.  I do get phone calls.  Of course chat support can't help.  Waiting for email from "specialized team."  

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Have you read the setup instructions @crossfitter21 

I also would disable power manage for the Fitbit app. 

Removing the app or tracker then setting up simply does the opposite and disables all notifications, forcing you to setup notifications again. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your suggestions.

I did have the phone remove the device as a paired device.  That did require me to pair the phone and device again and go through the entire initial setup.  I did get asked about receiving calls but not text or email on the device.  I will try both uninstalling the app and unpairing the devices.  Fingers crossed!!!  I'll let you know if it works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why? Removing the tracker from your account will mean that you will have to add the tracker, and then setup notifications. 

Logging out of the app and logging in, may trigger the app to ask to approve permissions. This could be a good step. 

Do you receive notifications on the phones lock screen? 

Your phone does not have the volume off and the phone is not in its so not disturb mode. 

Best Answer

I have logged in and out of the app

Yes my phone receives notifications on lock screen and yes my phone volume is on high and I only have do not disturb from 9pm to 6 am.

My phone has  Android 11 and  does not have any available updates.  I was hoping that uninstalling and installing would force the set up of notifications and activate the text and email notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Logging out / in will force a disable of notifications. 

Likewise going through the settings to disable/enable. 

Then the app should request permission to access the needed things. 

Best Answer