Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 syncs different weights

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the aria 2 scales all set up and when I step on the scales it syncs to the dashboard I'm  14st 7lb but when I go into recent weigh ins it's says I'm 14st 5lb I weigh my self at the gym and they scales say I'm 14st 5lb aswell and it says the same when my wife uses them 2lb out any ideas

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

@Meikle01, are you sure it is not reporting 14.5 stone (14 stone 7 lb), and not 14 stone 5 lb?

Best Answer

I find that my weight on the scales is not the same as what shows on my app - every time I seem to be 4- 6 pounds lighter!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is puzzling me too! Scales say 11.10 and App says 11.8 in one place- recent weighins but 11.10 on front tile?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wish it would not do this - also it's never the same difference - if you know what I mean!! It can vary, to a lb or 1lb and a half, to over 2lb! less on the app, from what you weigh on the scales. Surely, this a software issue and can be rectified somehow?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Meikle01 @Peggyg3 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community and it's great to see you here @Lynnhet123! I'm happy to assist you and help you to find a solution for the wrong readings you are getting from your Aria scales. Please restart your scales by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourselves 5 consecutive times in order to re-calibrate the scales and see if the accuracy gets fixed.

@USAF-Larry Thanks for your contribution and help in this thread my friend!

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply but this has not made any difference I’m afraid. I think the problem is with your software in the App!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi - I have followed your instructions and taken out the batteries and then weighed 5 times. Each readout went up by a point 1 of a pound - the app went up by a 1lb on the 3rd weigh in. Maybe next weigh in, the scales and app may match up??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine still don't. It's very disappointing for a product that is expensive!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Peggyg3 @Lynnhet123 Thanks for getting back! Please take a look at this help article which provides great tips about how to get the most accurate reading from your Aria scale. If you see that your scales are still inaccurate after giving those steps a try, don't hesitate to get back and I'll be happy to follow up accordingly.

Hope this helps guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thank you for your help however this is not the issue here.  The issue is that the app  registers two different weights in different places. I do think that the problem is with the app! Still think it was a waste of money paying so much for something that tells me no more than my old scales that cost me €20? Sorry but that's how I feel. 

Best Answer

@Peggyg3 I apologize for any misunderstanding on my end. Since you mentioned that the app is experiencing the issue, please make sure that your phone has the most recent Fitbit app version. If the app is up to date, please try logging out of the app, restart your phone, open the app and log back in. Once this has been done, check out if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue! I just purchased an aria 2 scales and it reads my weight as 15st 7.1lbs but the dashboard shows 15st 7.2lbs?

Dashboard view:

Click on see more and the graph displays 15st 5lbs?

Under "Week of Mar 19th" it shows 15st 12lbs? As you can see in the image above, 15st 7.1lbs is what was synced and matches the scales display.

Although not massive differences, I expected better from a £120 scale! 😕

Best Answer

@WelshPaul Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! There are several reasons why your weight may not match other scales and provide different readings.

- If your scale is stored up against a wall when not in use, the scale will go through a calibration process when placed on the floor for weighing. It can take up to two consecutive weigh-ins to recalibrate your scale.
- Unlike many commercial scales, the Aria 2 provides a unique measure at each weigh in. Many scales may contain a mechanism that forces the scale to revert to the last weight measure. This may help to explain why other scales do not fluctuate as often.
- Your weight and body fat percentage can vary over the course of a day depending on what you eat, drink and if you sweat or exercise. 
- Make sure that your scale is placed on a hard surface, not carpet, linoleum, or any flooring with give.

Let me know if the issue persists my friend and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you even read my post?

My aria 2 scales gives the correct weight and nowhere in my post did I say otherwise. 

It's your dashboard on both the app and website that displays a different weight to that synced by the aria 2 scales!

How can one explain it any easier? 

Best Answer

Yes, I still have the same problem - my Aria 2 Scales readout, do not match my weight on app - 3lb, difference this morning!! The scales are normally  matching my WW scales, so I take a guide from them -  not the App. Surely shouldn't have to do this - the app read out means nothing!!!

Best Answer

@WelshPaul Sorry for the confusion. Our team is aware that there may be a .1-.2 difference between the scale and the app. We are currently on the issue. 

@Lynnhet123 I can't speak to what you see on the WW scale, but a 3lb difference on the app and scale is not usual or expected behavior. How often has this happened? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
This is the first time for the 3lb difference - i was quite surprised, but it's normally 1 to 2lb

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine's between 1 and 2lb also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit Thanks for the clarification. FYI, it's not just the APP that displays a difference but also your website dashboard too! 

Best Answer