Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 connection issues: solution found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear,

Today i was again debugging the connection issues with the Aria 2 which started after i changed it's batteries.

I read a lot of posts and tried everything without any success.

I even read the router logs which indicated that the Aria 2 scale asked for an ip address, and received one from the router. So in my opinion, all the requirements are met, and it's up to the Aria 2's software to continue and tell the connection is fine.

I am almost 100% sure that it's a firmware issue of the Aria 2 scale, because i found the solution which is very easy. It has nothing to do with changing protocols, resetting devices or other advanced setting that need to be changed.

Solution: just added one letter(an "x" to the end) to my router's wifi password, tried again and everything worked.
and i can reproduce this issue. i.e. when i remove the letter from the password again on my router, remove the scale from the app,
add it again, etc, i enter the correct wifi password, and i get the exact same issue : scale won't connect.
Then i add the "x" again to the end of my password on the router, again i delete the scale from the app, add it again and i can connect again.

So it seems there is a password bug in the firmware.

Now... I got this issue when changed the batteries, but i got the same connection issue when i initially bought the scale +1 year ago. And back then i discovered an issue with the password too. Back then i could not do the initial connection to the wifi when taking the aria 2 right out of the box. Back then i also noticed that the scale also received an ip addres from the router, but it stopped there.
Back then i traced the problem down to an "=" sign in the password. Removed this and it worked. So it's not the same issue as i got now, but it's also password related.

Can you please investigate this, so that when i have to change my batteries next time i don't have to change my routers wifi password again, and also investigate if it's possible that some characters, like the "=" sign cannot be used in the wifi password as i couldn't find any possible password restrictions nowhere.

If you need more details about my setup to debug your issue, please let me know.

Details about my setup:

Router: asus RT-AC88U, with WPA2 personal on 2.4Ghz

Aria 2: firmware v21.6

Phone: iphone 8 with ios v13.1.3

fitbit app v3.10 (896)

greetings,
Tuscan.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0