Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't go into setup mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just recieved my new aria 2 and I can't get it to go into the setup mode

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Donald42   I apologize if I misunderstand what you are saying.  If you scale is scrolling the message ... fitbit.com/setup, that is your cue to tap the Account icon on your phone dashboard, then scroll down to Set Up a New Device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Donald42 welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with the setup difficulties that you are experiencing with your Aria 2.

Please make sure to follow the setup process as described in this help article. This article contains a video that explains step by step how to set up your scale.

If the issue persists, let me know if your scale displays any error message.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did everything in the instructions, but when it tells me to remove the battery and reinstall the battery it should go into the setup mode. That is where things go south, it goes back to giving me the web site info. I have tried to push the reset button at this point and that does nothing.

Best Answer

@Donald42   I apologize if I misunderstand what you are saying.  If you scale is scrolling the message ... fitbit.com/setup, that is your cue to tap the Account icon on your phone dashboard, then scroll down to Set Up a New Device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

According to the setup instruction in the app, you are incorrect. You should see "SETUP ACTIVE" scrolled across the screen, at which point you should be able to connect to the wifi network of the scale, which will be named Aria followed by seven digits. I have the same issue. If you cannot connect to the scale via wifi, the setup process cannot continue.

Best Answer

They've basically changed the set up but not the documentation...

You don't have to choose your wifi for the Aria 2

Just take battery out as they say, once the setup url is there, go to app and start to add device again, then it will use nearfield to find device and then continue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay -- So I have my brand-new Aria 2 Scale and already have the FitBit App on my iPhone 12.  When I remove the battery (and have done this over and over and over again).  I do not have the Aria 2 going into setup mode.  The scale part works fine and if I try to set up using the Add New Device in the App, it finds the scale and then sits in Trying to Connect for an eternity.

What do I do to actually get this thing synced to my FitBit App.  I am stuck here.

Best Answer

It´s amazing how many useless answers one can find in the community. It´s almost as if the community members are less helpful the developers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes