Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air not automatically saving weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Aria air not automatically saving weight, have to open app and then hit save for it to record weight. What's the point of having this scale if it requires the user to enter the weight? It also does not measure body fat. I had the original Aria which was much better in that it measured body fat and automatically recorded weight and body fat in the app without me having to do anything. Seems like fitbit technology is regressing instead of improving, very disappointing. Has anyone tried the apple scale, I have heard it's good and will be returning my aria air for an apple scale instead since this scale is no different than a plain digital scale.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@ColleenC3240   The point of having the app open to accept and save is because multiple users can be linked to the same scale.  Also, anyone can step on the scale and read their weight, even if they aren't invited to use the scale.  If a random friend or family member stepped on your scale, and it does happen, their weight would go to your account.  This is how Fitbit maintains user privacy.

The Aria Air does not measure body fat and never claims to.

To the best of my knowledge, Apple does not make Apple branded scales (iScale, perhaps?).  But there are scales that sync with the Apple Health app. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the exact same situation. I had a FitBit scale about 5 years ago that I absolutely loved.  I moved abroad and had to leave it behind.

I didn’t hesitate to buy another and I am beyond disappointed. To have to open the app each time you use the scale is obnoxious. What genius on the product team was trying to hit a weekly active user number at the expense of the customer experience? (Trigger warning: nudity) I don’t really want to open the FitBit app while I’m buck naked about to get into the shower, sorry. This is a product that should make life easier, instead it complicates it. A calendar, sharpie and a £10 scale would be more efficient. Needless to say I think the tech on the model 5 years ago made more sense. 

I can only equate this to every time you use your debit card you need to open your banking app and hit accept. 

Unfortunately for me I don’t think Argos will take it back opened.

Potential ways forward (anyone have experience?)

• Find another app that can sync with this scale

• See if the Garmin scale has better functionality  

• Find the original scale on ebay 😂

Best Answer

Don’t be ridiculous- this isn’t about different users or privacy. The old Aria just saved anything around 115 lb to my account and anything around 160 around my husband’s - I promise it’s not that confusing. For random users, who didn’t fit around our weight and body fat %, it just didn’t save the number. If it saved one that was close to your weight but not actually yours,  you could delete the measurement from the app. It makes no sense that they couldn’t do the same here. 

And it’s not about privacy - it’s not like they spit out all your old numbers to anyone who stepped on the scale. 

Best Answer

Same here. Very disappointed with the fact that 1)I must open the app AND then 2)save. I didn’t expect that level of regression.

I was aware Aria Air does not measure % fat, so I compromised and bought it because I needed a scale at another location. I just didn’t expect to manually having to save info in order for weight to be recorded!

I am acquainted with the Aria’s scales because I already have the  two of the older models ( the Aria and Aria 2 ) at different addresses. I absolutely love those two products. They automatically log the weight  and % fat under the respective accounts of the different users. Privacy is maintained.

Best Answer

“Ridiculous” is assuming your user experience is the same as everyone else.

Solution here is to let the user decide which way they want to use their scale—optimised for convenience or privacy.

Best Answer

The original Aria (don't know about the Aria 2) did not require people to have an app open to accept a weight and yet it managed to differentiate between users quite well. It did this by comparing the weigh-in with users' records. If I got on at 100kg it would log it to me not my wife at 70kg. If a guest got on and was different to either of the known users it would log them as "guest".  The scale owner could only see their own weight unless allowed to be other users. In the event the weigh-ins were attributed incorrectly the scale owner could easily rectify the situation. Worked brilliantly.

I have just bought the Aria Air as my Aria couldn't deal with my new network. It's a dreadful thing. Fails to sync with my Android Bluetooth. The only way I can get it to sync is by rebooting the phone and making sure that a weigh-in is the first thing I do. No issues at all with any of my (many) other Bluetooth devices.

Best Answer

I love the new Aria Air's big concern over privacy. Not only do you have to manually save but it then prompts you to share. Every. Single. TIme.

Best Answer

When you add this to the planned obsolescence in the monitors (aka meltdown) is it any surprise?  I only bought the Air because my other scale just stopped syncing, even though it said it was syncing. Sigh

Best Answer