Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Scale - not syncing,

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scale decided to disconnect from the internet today, and I am unable to get her back on .  Tried some trouble shooting, like taking batteries out and putting them back in. Also I noticed that the fitbit site page for Weight and other Aria scales information is not loading. So I am wondering is this a battery issue or is the Aria portal down on the site?

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi, @Auntie_G! Many people are having problems with the app being down right now (or half functional). Fitbit is aware of the issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Fingers crossed this is what caused the problem with your scale, too, and it will be back to working when the site is back up.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. It did boot me completely out of everything on all devices sometime overnight. I can log into my app now but when I go to do the Wi-Fi everything is OK until it wants to sync and then it says connection error with a big X with a wifi signal. I really hope that this didn't do something terrible to our scales or I'm gonna be super upset as this thing has worked flawless for like 5 years and they are expensive. 

Best Answer

For those debugging at FitBit, I removed my device completely from my app and when I went through the setup process, everytime I entered the code on my Aria 2 it would come back saying "Sorry, this code isn't valid" even after multiple successful attempts.

Best Answer

I’m having the IDENTICAL problem today as well. (12:59 PM EST)
I suspect it may be an issue with FitBit’s servers, since the same thing is happening to ALL of us. 

I also noticed this banner across the top of the FitBit Community page a few minutes ago. 

904DE97B-93D4-43CB-8CB9-8179F9ADAAB1.jpeg

Best Answer

My scale stopped syncing too! The connection to MyFitnessPal has been messed up since Feb 5th as well. 

Best Answer

Mine lost connectivity last week, and when I go through the setup process, the "AriaXXX" network never is broadcast to connect to complete setup.  Does anyone know how to get the device to broadcast the network?  I have tried removing and replacing batteries and hitting the setup button.

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  I tried deleting the current user name so that I could reinstall the scale, but I am getting nowhere.  Tried new batteries & moving the scale closer to the wifi router.   Looks like it is a system error…

Best Answer

I believe Aria has stopped all software updates for the Aria.  Piss poor way to make you go out and buy a new bluetooth scale....  They make it sound like you have to change all your router settings which I have done and it still doesnt work.

Any other Smart scales available through Apple?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it to work after all… my phone’s wifi and Bluetooth were messed up. Apple replaced my phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My aria scale is doing the same thing.  I’ve tried resetting it, turning the app off/on and still won’t sync.  I’m very upset right now. What to do?

Best Answer
I ended up turning my WIFI off & back on again. I did everything over & over and then when I called tech support & did it all again, it started working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Here it is Feb 20th and I am having the same issues.  The scale just want stay sync and then trying to get back linked take a while.  Has anyone figure out the issues. I just purchased this thing Sat.

Best Answer

Feb 21st and I am having similar issues.  I have tried everything--resetting, uninstalling, whatever. It seemed to work last night and then this morning, nothing. I've only had the scale since Christmas and it worked fine until this weekend.

Best Answer
No, wish we can figure it out. It was working so good prior. I’m very upset.
Best Answer

That's what happens when Google takes over!

Best Answer

I agree, for those using Aria 1, it appears fitbit stopped all technical support. Bummer. 

Best Answer

Same here. Worked great for years, now??? Not so much. Fitbit is higher priced so I expect higher quality. I have owned 6 watches and scale. Went thru the bad band issues, and others. Might be time to move on. The scale is what kept me buying the watches for continuity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with me. My aria stopped uploading to my FitBit app on April 27. I CANNOT resync it despite many tries!  Very frustrating 

Best Answer