Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for the Aria 2 Connection Error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wanted to share a solution for my data upload problems. Aria 2 scale did connect to Wifi when going through setup, but almost always timed out when trying to upload weight data later on, with WIFI CONN ERROR displayed.

My two routers are high-end Asus RT-AC88U and RT-AC86U units, working great for 30+ devices connected to them, mostly on 5GHz AC.

Anyway, after some debugging, changing these default values on 2.4GHz network under Wifi / Professional tab to new ones improved uploads from Aria 2, now it works reliably:

RTS Threshold : 2347 -> 512
DTIM Interval : 3 -> 16
Beacon Interval : 100 -> 20

You may want to give it a try.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This post should be promoted more.  My scale was doing the exact same thing--connected successfully to 2.4 GHz b/g/n network, but "CONNECTION ERROR" on sync.  Changing my router's RTS Threshold from 2347 to 512 exactly solved my issue.  Thank you!  For the record, I did not change either of the other settings--just changing the RTS Threshold fixed it for me.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @SunsetRunner. It's great to see a new face around the Forums. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for taking the time to share these helpful details and I'm glad your Aria 2 is connecting with your router correctly to save your readings. Currently the Aria 2 was designed to work with routers that are under 2.4 GHz running 802.11 b/g/n, and you did a good job in changing your router to those details. I'm sure others will find your post very helpful when setting up their scales.

Feel free to post back if you have any other question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This post should be promoted more.  My scale was doing the exact same thing--connected successfully to 2.4 GHz b/g/n network, but "CONNECTION ERROR" on sync.  Changing my router's RTS Threshold from 2347 to 512 exactly solved my issue.  Thank you!  For the record, I did not change either of the other settings--just changing the RTS Threshold fixed it for me.

Best Answer