Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria User Invite not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sent multiple invites to add my boyfriend to my new aria scale; he gets the invites and accepts but it does not add him as a user in the app.  Please advise.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@arielcapp1 @Karco @glennog I'm so glad to hear that you guys were able to resolve the issue by using a computer and accepting the invitation from there. Thanks for posting the update here.

@CandicePeel Thanks for joining us in this thread! I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if you were able to add a second user.

@jabudia Please have the person you sent the invitation to to log in to his/her own Fitbit account through a computer. After this, ask her/him to look for their email account and have them to accept the invitation from there. The page should take them to their Fitbit account and the Aria should show on their Dashboard.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

I’m having the same issue except my bf is not getting my invite.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jabudia Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that you are unable to add your boyfriend to the Aria scale. I would like to follow up and would like to know if he receives an error message after he accepts the invitation. Is he accepting the invitation through his email account or his Fitbit Dashboard?

@arielcapp1 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues when trying to add your boyfriend to the Aria scale. I want to know if you are sending the invitations through the Fitbit app. If so, please try sending the invitation through your web-based Dashboard. In addition, please have your boyfriend to check out his junk and trash mail in order to see if the invite got there.

Looking forward to your responses my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was inviting him on the app, I was not aware that the invite would go to
his email. But he was able to accept and is now using the scale as well.
Best Answer
I bought my Aria 2 yesterday and I have the same problem as @jabudia. The invitation is received by email. I accept the invitation, the Android app opens and nothing else afterwards ...

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit I have attempted to invite him through the desktop site and mobile app.  He gets an email and accepts the invitation (within the email).  Here is a screenshot.  It looks like I sent the invite but he didn't accept it yet, but he has (we've done this like 10 times now).screenshot1.png

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit support. We are also having the same issue. Invite sent via the android app to my partner. Partner accepts by email through his android phone which launches the app in the notifications window. Nothing further happens and there is no new notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my partner's Aria - she sends the invite from her iPhone app, I receive the email on my Android, I tap Accept and it sends me to my app's Notification page with no notifications.  The invite on her iOS app still shows as Pending.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I suggest you do the operation from a computer (not on your mobile). Your browser will open by clicking on the link in the email and you will need to login to the account of the person invited to join the scale.

This solution solved my problem.

Best Answer
That worked for me too.

My view is that it it doesn't work in the app, the app should be fixed.
There are way too many reports of the same issue going back 2 years. Given
how much the devices cost it shouldn't be too much to ask to have a working
app after so many reports of problems.
Best Answer

I've tried that as it was suggested earlier.  There is a screen shot on my earlier post that shows the invite is still pending from the computer version.  I'm about ready to return this thing.

Best Answer

@arielcapp1 @Karco @glennog I'm so glad to hear that you guys were able to resolve the issue by using a computer and accepting the invitation from there. Thanks for posting the update here.

@CandicePeel Thanks for joining us in this thread! I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if you were able to add a second user.

@jabudia Please have the person you sent the invitation to to log in to his/her own Fitbit account through a computer. After this, ask her/him to look for their email account and have them to accept the invitation from there. The page should take them to their Fitbit account and the Aria should show on their Dashboard.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Our issue has been resolved
Best Answer

Same issue here , click invite goiles to app but nothing only 4kg diff between myself and my partner and it's registers both weights as me , so frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CandicePeel That's great news! It's great to hear that you resolved the issue and thanks for keeping the update here in the Community.

@Gemkai I noticed that you joined the Community recently, welcome aboard! In order to avoid any confusion on my end, I'd like you to let me know the following details: Is your partner already registered as user on your Aria scale? Is your partner having a hard time accepting the invite? If your partner's weigh ins get registered as you, please check out this help article which explains how your partner can assign his/her weights to their user.

See you later my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit just for clarity... Had the same issue with invitations not working.  BLUF - resolved by sending AND accepting invite on PC/Mac WITH Fitbit account already logged into browser before hitting "Accept" on invitation email.  Initially sent the invite from an iPhone X Fitbit App and could not accept it on an iMac... Resent the invite from a chrome browser on PC to Safari on iMac chose "Log In" for existing user no joy.  Finally with Safari browser logged in to Fitbit on iMac, resent invitation, wife clicked "Accept", and Safari popped a new window adding her to the scale.

Cheers,

Al

Best Answer

@Ctrl-Alt-Del Thank you so much for sharing the steps and workaround that you followed and helped you to add a second user to your Aria scale. I'm pretty sure that this info will help other users that experience the same issue.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m trying to get added from my wife’s invite and it does this:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have sent an invite to my husband, he has accepted the invite and on both our apps (his iphone, mine android) we see both as the scale users. But everytime he gets on the scale the app tells him to set up the scale or request an invite.

So he's connected, it shows in both apps, but it doesn't recognize his device when he steps on the scale.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are having this exact issue (i.e., as TheRomanViking): I've invited my wife, she accepted, we both show up on our respective phones as scale users, but when she steps on scale the app says to set up the app or request an invite. Which we've done, more than once, but it has no effect.

Best Answer
0 Votes