Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat % unaccountably increased

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I moved my aria from one house to another, and connected it to the new home's network. All seemed fine.

However, my body fat went up overnight from 21.2% to 32.2%! Obviously that's not a genuine gain in body fat. The next day (today) it's at 31.7%

Historically in three previous houses, my body fat has fluctuated from mid-teens to early-twenties, in line with my weight at any given time, and never affected at all by move in location.

I always weigh naked, post shower (but dry) first thing in the morning.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@Faux_punk It's great to have you aboard in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your body fat percentage has increased after you set up your Aria again. Please try taking the batteries out for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times. After this, please check out if the body fat percentage gets corrected.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hiya, unfortunately that didn't work 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Faux_punk Thanks for getting back! I would like you to make sure of one more detail, please check out your profile settings and see if your height, weight and gender are correct. If the settings are correct, set up your scale as a new device and check out if your body fat percentage gets corrected.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just setup my scale that worked for years on a new network, and the weight was fine but my % body fat went from 22.3 % to 35%, just like yours, wonder if it is something with Fitbit?? Thanks

Hank

Best Answer

@Polkimba Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale is displaying inaccurate body fat percentage. I would like you to try the batteries workaround. Take them out for 15-20 seconds and put them back in. After you have done this, weigh yourself 5 times allowing 5 seconds between each measurement. This will re-calibrate your Aria scale.

I'll be around if any questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been reading the forums for some info and i bumped on this post.

I have exactly the same symptoms. After connecting to a new network body fat went up the roof !!!!

from a 17,5% to 19,2% from a day to the other.

I've already done the battery's workaround but obviously it didn't solve anything.

Any info on why is this happening and how can it be solved ?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I’m having thr same issue with body fat % inaccuracy, this happened after I change the Wifi  Router and have to reset the Internet.

Please advise for a solution.

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi every one and welcome to the forums @Mbatista! I'll be happy to follow up and help you to find a solution for the inaccurate body fat readings you've gotten from your Aria scale. If you haven't done so, please restart your scales by taking out the batteries for 15-20 seconds and put them back in. Once you've done this, weigh yourselves 5 times in a row in order to re-calibrate your scale and let me know if the issue gets fixed.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi,

i’ve gave 2 chances to this procedure with any luck.

please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mbatista Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps shared above! Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I’m not seeing any follow up on this since the last post about sending those folks experiencing this an email. My scale has done exactly the same thing changing my body fat % by more than 10 percentage points. Obviously after more than three years at a relatively constant bfp, the change is something with the scale and related to reconnecting to the house network. Can the answers that were emailed please be posted here. I’ll take an email too but I’m sure there are others who could benefit from knowing how to correct the problem. Thank you!

Best Answer

Same issue with me.

Problem started with the WiFi password changed and reconnecting scale to the network. A few emails with tech support but with no results. I hope this helps to look for a solution.

MB 

Best Answer
I’ve now encountered the Same problem again, upon changing the batteries in my scale.
Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit or anyone else @Fitbit, has this issue ever been addressed with a satisfactory solution? This thread is well over a year old and the original posters just responded indicating there has been virtually no follow up by FitBit. Definitely no solution has been offered. Please support your product and address this problem or let us know it’s time to punt.

Best Answer
It happened to me everytime the bateries must be changed. Eventually after
about 2 weeks the bf% get's back to normal. I already know that it's gonna
happen. Why ? That's still a mistery.
Fitbit products seems to me a bit overpriced for what they do and the tech
support is just awfull.
Best Answer

@MrMadmario @Your description of the quality of tech support/customer service @fitbit is spot on!  There has been woefully inadequate response to these questions and the problem has been raised by multiple customers. It’s truly unfortunate when a company passes up a golden opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to customer service and instead makes an obvious decision to ignore a problem with what? The hope it will just go away on its own. 

Truly a disappointment Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I just put my Aria on a new network and my body fat % increased 8% or so like the others? I have already taken the batteries out as was suggested to the others that did not work. It's sad this issue persists and that Fitbit does not care about their clients to resolve as old as this issue is

Best Answer

This has just happened to me too. Changed the battery and it asked me to re-connect to my wifi. Did this and a 10 + percentage point increase in body fat. This is after years of having a relatively stable and more believable figure.

Can we have an up to date response please Fitbit? Surely you have had time to investigate this issue

Thank you.

Best Answer

Same issue for me as well, my bfp was stable for several years in the high teens and suddenly doubled to over 35% overnight. It’s stayed at that level since then, for a few months now, through several battery replacements, and replacing an old Aria with a new Aria2. 
Any update on potential reasons for this happening, or any resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes