Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat % unaccountably increased

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I moved my aria from one house to another, and connected it to the new home's network. All seemed fine.

However, my body fat went up overnight from 21.2% to 32.2%! Obviously that's not a genuine gain in body fat. The next day (today) it's at 31.7%

Historically in three previous houses, my body fat has fluctuated from mid-teens to early-twenties, in line with my weight at any given time, and never affected at all by move in location.

I always weigh naked, post shower (but dry) first thing in the morning.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Seems pointless writing this here as there's obviously no solution from fitbit but I too have the same situation after changing my router.

Was 14 percent, now 32 percent.

Pointless having them if this isn't resolved. Body fat percentage was the only reason I bought the scales in the first place and now they're useless. 

Best Answer

HUGE disappointment Fitbit.  Why is it that so many users change their WiFi and the body fat increases without explanation.

I have the same issue.  I changed the Wifi and my bodyfat increased from 18% to 30%.  Why did my bodyfat increase by 12% overnight?  I have removed the batteries three times and no resolution.  

I have been using my Aria consistently since 2015 and my bodyfat has predictably, and incrementally, changed overtime.  I changed my Wifi in April 2021 and it's late May and I still have 12% bodyfat gain.  This is unacceptable.  Fitbit needs a better answer.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have the opposite problem, overnight mine says I’ve lost 15% body fat. Which I know I most definitely have not. 
Any ideas please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello from 2022. I came here to see if anyone else had this issue. I went from 20% body fat to 31% in ONE DAY. It stayed there. I recharged the batteries, weighed 5 times, nada. I’ll give it a week or two to correct itself after reading your post. If that doesn’t work, I’ll be done with Fitbit, because this seems to be a known defect and it seems they do not post a solution that works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with me. I changed batteries and it shot up 8 points overnight. I don't believe that is possible.

While BF% is debatable on its accuracy, I am tracking trendlines. 

It has since returned to something around what I think is correct. but at this point who knows.

Best Answer